Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First

LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First 27 Dec 2002 10:58 #19999

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
This series just gets better and better as it goes! I must admit that there are a few things that happen in this last installment that are not present in the book. But that isn't really worth mention unless your one of those people who love to pick everything apart for the sake of just doing so. Frodo and Sam have done some growing since we last saw them and Merry and Pippin's rally to the Tree Ents was great. I am looking forwards to the last installment with high expectation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First 31 Dec 2002 12:29 #20000

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
me too. And now they say that they will be doing a Hobbit prequel!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First 31 Dec 2002 13:47 #20001

• j.sirles
  • Fresh Boarder
This movie was by far better. I think people coming out of it were as pleased as I was. LOTR 2 Towers has it all.....Action, Romance, Drama, Special effects, Characters with depth, and an outstanding climax. This film also leaves the audience with a better sense of closure as opposed to "Fellowship".
Not often do commercial film-makers put forth the effort that was displayed in this film, and thats why I feel the LOTR trilogy may go down as the greatest thus far.

Re: LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First 02 Jan 2003 10:33 #20002

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I think a big reason for the the great success of this film has do with the fact that they filmed the whole movie at once rather then waiting a year to each movie as others have done in the past. This kept the enthusiasm at a high that I don't think would have been attained otherwise.

Re: LOR: The Two Towers - Better Then The First 05 Jan 2003 11:12 #20003

• DJ Denis
  • Senior Boarder
I think it makes a huge difference as well that the director actually wanted to do this and had a genuine passion for the material. I think we all wondered how this could be massacred in the wrong hands -- the best part is that LORD OF THE RINGS feels almost nothing like a typical Hollywood movie and absolutely nothing like the usual adventure / buddy picture. The jokes are minimal and special effects never overshadow the story.
THE LAURIE JONES BAND
with special guest AMY FOX
and opening act IAN PARKER
in a benefit concert
Saturday, May 11th at 7:30 PM
Union Street Brick Church (126 Union Street, Bangor)

All proceeds benefit Community Radio WERU-FM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction