Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot?

Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 19 Sep 2002 12:08 #19905

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I just read the article in "Boxoffice" on "Treasure Planet." A lot went into this film as does with all Disney productions. But another tilt on the "Treasure Island" classic. I don't know, can it bring home the gold with just on the animation? What do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 19 Sep 2002 18:09 #19906

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know but we weren't feeling strong enough about it to pick it as our one and only Christmas pick. However, my one and only one pick is in the wrong place on the schedule and there is nothing I can do about it - The Santa Clause. Opens too early and will have petered out by Christmas here. I am not being allowed to have any other Christmas product.

Re: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 19 Sep 2002 23:21 #19907

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Beckwith:

What kind of allocation do you have??One Holiday title?I know you're in a competitive zone,but thats crazy.How far away are your competitors,and what is the population in your area?

Re: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 20 Sep 2002 07:08 #19908

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
CharlieBo:

My competitor is 1/2 mile away - 8 screens. Same booker. My booker is playing God and deciding which piece of the pie I get. I am not happy. Got advice from all you. Took it and made contact with another party who advised us to take Santa Clause since we can get it. Wouldn't necessarily be able to get it under competitive terms since we are so badly out-screened.

Re: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 20 Sep 2002 15:36 #19909

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Sounds like a tough situation.SANTA CLAUSE may be OK,but won't get you thru Xmas.Possibly you could fall into one of the Paramount titles?They have 4 from 11/1 thru Xmas.I can't see an 8 plex giving them 3 or 4 tracks.

Re: Eye Candy or Does It Have A Shot? 20 Sep 2002 17:16 #19910

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We already asked for The Wild Thornberrys and were turned down by the booker god who said that Santa Clause 2 was all we get for christmas. We are not as shortsighted as he and realize that we will need something on our screen immediately after Christmas at least. Of course there is not going to be anything released that fits our family/kid film profile until February. That is why we need the Thornberrys.

[This message has been edited by BECKWITH1 (edited September 20, 2002).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction