Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Count of Monte Cristo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Count of Monte Cristo

Count of Monte Cristo 13 Feb 2002 20:13 #19848

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We are finishing up a two week engagement with this movie. I like it and so does everyone who has come to see it. The comments I get are "They sure don't make them like that anymore". People of all ages and sexes are very satisfied with it. It is "Quality" stuff. I wish it were doing better financially. There seems to be a problem with marketing and word of mouth is taking too long to develop. I believe in it enough to have actually suggested that we would like to keep it for the 9:00 show mixed with Return to Neverland. I wasn't too surprised to be turned down, but I will still suggest it to anyone who has an evening time slot for it. It doesn't play well at matinees even though lots of seniors and couples are coming out for it.
Also - someone on film-tech mentioned that the lady who was shot near the end appears in the window of the building (right hand side) at the very end of the final swordfight scene. We checked last night - she is there for 2-3 seconds before the final cut to the island scene. Now go check this out yourself!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Count of Monte Cristo 13 Feb 2002 22:58 #19849

It's a very good movie, much better than I was expecting. It has everything! The Count's big "grand entrance" in the balloon is one of the most memorable scenes I've seen in a movie for a long time. Highly recommended, a lot of fun, and clocks in at only 2 hours! Oh yeah, it also looked great, print quality was excellent where I saw it.

-dave

Re: Count of Monte Cristo 23 Feb 2002 16:51 #19850

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I thought the best line was when the two galoots throw him over the cliff, he grabs the keys, and the bad guy too goes over.............. they look down over the edge and say... "Well. We might have 'andled that a bit better."

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction