Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Music tie-ins

Music tie-ins 21 Feb 2002 12:41 #19844

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I was set to wondering if any of the theater owners out there do music tie-ins before the show. I've been to many movie houses that play music before showtime and thought that it might an iteresting thing to do, matching the music to the movie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Music tie-ins 21 Feb 2002 14:04 #19845

Good idea but ASCAP and BMI will be down your throat most Chains get their music from a service that pays the liscense fees.

Re: Music tie-ins 21 Feb 2002 16:36 #19846

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
"The land is wide and the emperor is far away." An old Chinese saying that applies to ASCAP and BMI. In case you've never had them enter and discuss your illegal playing of a cd then count yourself lucky. Truth is that it's illegal and they will lisc you or take you down. Look at Napster: that's who took them on. We don't tie-in, we have a 5 deck cd player with compilations on random and speakers throughout our lobbies. That's the extent of our tie-ins.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Music tie-ins 21 Feb 2002 19:43 #19847

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I use to use store bought generic music for background---then ASCAP came strolling in with a bill---they are not nice--and no recourse--you just pay with a smile. After that lesson, I strickly use Movie Tunes---Not always happy with the music they pick for the month--but it is free, a new CD each month---and no worries about licensing as it is not required to have an ASCAP license to play. Also they do throw an advertising spot in for concessions and movie passes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction