Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk The Once And Future Fantasy
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Once And Future Fantasy

The Once And Future Fantasy 20 Dec 2000 13:28 #19822

I will be the first to admit that I am an avid fan of J.R.R. Tolkien. I first read "The Hobbit" while I was a freshman in city college in California. So I'm very interested in "The Lord of the Rings" movies,first installment "The Fellowship of the Ring" slated for Dec.19th,2001.
New Line Cinema's commitment of $270 million will make it the most expensive movie ever made. This buts them in a very vunerable state. It will force them to do the very best they can as to not fail. The movie must be a grabber. The Tolkien fans will ask for no less. They will know the floors if there are any. Being commited to the other two installments,"The Two Towers",and "The Return of the King" could proove to be an adventure to The Prancing Pony Inn or straight to the gates of Mordor itself.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 20 Dec 2000 17:22 #19823

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
As one of the few people on the planet that doesn't watch TV, my partner and I read to each other. We just finished the second book of the three. My fear would be with such an investment, they are more likely to be true to the buck rather than the story.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 21 Dec 2000 11:26 #19824

My logical mind tells me that you are probably right. I keep hoping however, that they would have the respect at heart for the truly gifted story teller that Tolkien was. Some reviews serve to give me a glimmer of hope.
By the way, you'll be blown away by the way this story ends. Promise, it won't disappoint.

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 10 Jan 2001 13:49 #19825

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I've been surfing through the movie sights on the web and I've seen some very positive signs that the "Lord of the Rings Trilogy" could be a the push that theater owners are hoping for. Some sights I visited have on going chats as to whether "Lord" will be as big as "Star Wars". Much banter on both sides of the fence, which would lead one to beleive that all would go to see the film to see if they were right or wrong about it. Lets hope so.

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 10 Jan 2001 17:33 #19826

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
The first trailer for Lord of the Rings will be shown on 13 Days. It looks to kick ass.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 25 Jan 2001 12:37 #19827

Hey Mike! I saw the trailer for "Lord of the Rings" last night. You are right, I'm impressed. The long wait looks to be worthwhile.

Re: The Once And Future Fantasy 27 Dec 2001 11:53 #19828

I got to see it last night and thought it was great. There were some minor things left out and other things didn't happen like they told it, but they didn't effect the story at all. The choice for characters was well thought out and the sets and FXS were eye opening. I was pleased and now wait in anticipation for next year and part two. I know what's going to happen but I'm still excited about it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction