Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Biggest Gross

Biggest Gross 20 Nov 2001 10:04 #19809

I've read that this years total gross at the box office could be the highest ever at around 8 million. Great movies, oh yes there were a few that lite up the screen and that will continue to do so through the Holidays. But is that the only reason? Could it be that just more people decided to go to the movies this year? Or maybe there is something that I'm not aware of, what do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Biggest Gross 21 Nov 2001 00:47 #19810

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Did you say 8 MILLION?

Re: Biggest Gross 21 Nov 2001 09:07 #19811

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Higher ticket prices.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Biggest Gross 21 Nov 2001 14:14 #19812

he musta meant billion

Re: Biggest Gross 26 Nov 2001 11:13 #19813

Well, I was never very good at math anyway. Yes, I ment Billion, the is only one key that seperates the "B" from the "M" on the keyboard.

Re: Biggest Gross 26 Nov 2001 20:51 #19814

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
You can't really compare movies from the pre-tv days since people went to the movies for many more reasons then including NEWS! Where do you think people first saw footage of Pearl harbor? D-Day? Korea? Etc. etc. After TV cut a swath through our world a completely different cinema theatre world finally emerged. Theatre prices keep going up but so does admissions. In 1970 .9206 billion tickets were sold. In 1997 1.3877 billion were sold. Obviously ticket prices have gone up also. The facts are that movies are great: they are fantastic and there are more of them now than ever! The problem is that there not enough screens for all the films. No one could hardly ever get to develop a cult following for a film when there's 400 movies waiting to fill a screen the moment it falters! 8 billion in box office gross sounds very high.. how can I get a bigger share!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction