Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Laxed Airport Security
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laxed Airport Security

Laxed Airport Security 03 Oct 2001 13:21 #19757

Talk about laxed airport security. Remember in "Rush Hour 2"? Chris Tucker goes to Heaven on Earth massage parlour in Hong Kong. He realises later that he left his passport there. On his way to go retrieve it, he gets distracted when he sees Ricky Tan and never makes it to the massage parlour to retrieve the passport. Yet, later on in the movie, he goes back to LA without a passport. Good thing Hollywood doesn't reflect real life.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Laxed Airport Security 05 Oct 2001 13:16 #19758

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, I have just completed 4 flight segments. My mother, girlfriend and others have all flown in the past 3 weeks. There are no problems. It does take just a little more time to check in because of the lines. I sure do miss curb-side checking of baggage, but they tell me it's coming back. Yesterday at Dullas, they didn't even check my ID at the security station. I could have gotten my ticket and handed it off to someone else. I was wanded 3 out of four times going through security but that is nothing new. They never asked me to turn on my cell phone, that used to be a favorate. One person did notice that my drivers licence has expired. I told him that it didn't mean I had expired, (I showed my passport instead.)

The only way to increase security is to 1. screen all luggage, 2. ID everybody at the ticket counter and aircraft door, 3. Airlines will start having to profile their passangers. I don't see any of this happening so I guess it will be business as usual very shortly.

Re: Laxed Airport Security 08 Oct 2001 12:08 #19759

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
My experience was much the same, other than the wanding and scan of the laptop, nothing out of the ordinary, although at the airport in San Jose I was required to show my id along with my ticket several times. I have no problem with the lines and being early, better safe than sorry.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction