A handful of movies that are now in production or ready for release are now being recalled for editing due to the terrorist attacks. Following is listing of the movies effected.
MOVIES EDITED FOR CONTENT, RELEASES DELAYED
Among the movies that are being delayed and/or altered for
content include COLLATERAL DAMAGE, TRAINING DAY, BIG TROUBLE,
THE LAST CASTLE, SIDEWALKS OF NEW YORK, SPIDER-MAN, ZOOLANDER,
MEN IN BLACK 2, and THE TIME MACHINE.
- DAMAGE was pulled due to its story about Arnold Schwarzenegger
taking on a group of terrorists; TRAINING DAY moved to its
October 5th release date to allow the studio to properly
publicize the cop drama.
- BIG TROUBLE, which deals with a bomb on a plane, is now
expected out early next year.
- DREAMWORKS has pulled the poster for Robert Redford's
THE LAST CASTLE due to its image of the American flag
flying upside down.
- SIDEWALKS is simply a romantic comedy set in New York;
it's now expected out in November.
- SPIDER-MAN has had its trailer and teaser posted pulled
for showing the World Trade Center, and scenes will either
be edited or re-shot to not show the building in the film.
- A WTC-like building shown in ZOOLANDER that the enemy
uses as their headquarters is being digitally-erased.
- The big finale of the MEN IN BLACK sequel will no
longer take place at the WTC.
- DAILY VARIETY reports TIME MACHINE is being pushed to
February 8th, and an end scene where pieces of the moon
fell on New York City will be removed.
Will this hurt the films? Should they be edited at all? What will they replace the cuts with? Ideas opinions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.