Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Ideal Pic

The Ideal Pic 24 May 2001 11:53 #19696

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
In this fickle industry we seldom find a movie that has all those qualities that make a movie great. So I ask all the visitors to this site. What would your ideal picture be?Who would produce,direct,and star in it and what would it be about?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Ideal Pic 24 May 2001 14:57 #19697

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
The cloest we came in the real world was "Life is Beautiful." It was short, we had no trouble recommending it with a straight face, it was subtitled so no one was bitching about the sound (seniors sans hearing aids), and it won many awards. add to that, it did incredible biz!!!!

For an ideal film, i'm looking at accessible to everyone (rated pg), short running time, good music on the sound track so we don't go nuts by the end of the 45 viewing. I want a movie that takes my customers somewhere else -- it doesn't even have to be pleasant. whether it's a concentration camp or on a lawn mower crossing Iowa, a castle in Europe or on a Harley in the desert. when my customers leave the auditorium, i want to see a look of having just returned from somewhere. it is a plus if they leave hungry and buy up every piece of chocolat in the place!!!
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: The Ideal Pic 25 May 2001 01:04 #19698

• Simfilms
  • Junior Boarder
Well acted
Shot with a tripod
No cussing
Originality
Short running time
Character development
No cliches

...and the most important thing:
a believable, involving plot not filled with
gaping credibility gaps(villain gets up
umpteen times after being shot, etc.)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction