Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regulating Staff

Regulating Staff 26 Feb 2001 14:29 #19623

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I never thought of this until someone brought to my attention the other evening. Is there staff regulations that are followed for the number of staff on hand compared to the number of of people attending the showing of a movie. Sounds like there could be some kind of law in place for that but I don't know of one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Regulating Staff 26 Feb 2001 16:47 #19624

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know there is no law as to the number of staff required.

We try to have one concessionist for every 50 patrons who come to a film. So Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday we only have one Concessionist. Tuesday (Bargain Day) Friday, Saturday & Sunday we usually have two.

Fire regulations on land are written so that the building is concidered safe without any response from the staff.

Re: Regulating Staff 26 Feb 2001 21:27 #19625

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
We're right there with Large: about one SB person for every 50 thru the door. If we know it'll be a sell-out (cheap night, and titles with the words " tiger, dragon, crouching, hidding"), we have a crowd control person. A charming young woman who people are nice to. Me, at 6"3" and 240#, seem to be the target of most of the middle-aged women's ire -- especially when they don't get a ticket. so, we throw the cute one to the wolves.

you need to weigh wages against profit(well, duh). How many people are walking away because the bar is a zoo? We sell tickets from the snack bar and that keeps the ticket seller handling the $ while the SB help do food. Snack Bar sales dipped when we opened a box office at the front door. we promptly got rid of that! i think the only regualtions reguarding the number of staff are the rules of supply and demand.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Regulating Staff 28 Feb 2001 14:23 #19626

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm 6'4" and 300#. I don't get the middle aged womens ire. They start to argue with me and I just fold my arms across my ample belly and stare at them as if they were bugs. They usualy clam up and wait for a concidered answer. When I need to I can sound like a drill sargent. So I do line control. Both Ky and I are not above helping out in the stand. Sometimes it only takes 5 minutes to sort out a line of people and get them to their shows.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction