Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk A Bit of Nostalgia
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Bit of Nostalgia

A Bit of Nostalgia 13 Dec 2000 13:00 #19559

I can recall the first movie my Dad took me to see when I was about five or six. The movie was "Peter Pan" the Disney version. I enjoyed it very much. But I remember something that happened as the movie first began. That was the curtain slowly pulling to the sides to let that wonderful tale of Fantasy begin. Do any of you still use your curtains? I've been to many movies in adult life and have never been to a theater that does. It seems ashame because to that little kid it was part of the magic. But then, I guess it wouldn't be Nostalgic if it was still common practice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Bit of Nostalgia 13 Dec 2000 17:07 #19560

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I do not use a curtain at this time. I have the curtain, and the mechanism, but not the blessing of the Fire Department. For the cost of fire-proofing my curtains, i can pay the film rent on a very good week.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: A Bit of Nostalgia 13 Dec 2000 21:19 #19561

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
I would use it if I had the time to get it back in working order. The motor works, but the cable that opens/closes the curtains needs to be replaced. Someday, yes, someday.

Re: A Bit of Nostalgia 16 Dec 2000 01:23 #19562

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Yes, we use our curtain every day for every show. We even close the curtain after the trailers etc. and reopen it for the feature.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction