Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Old Light Fixtures
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Light Fixtures

Old Light Fixtures 01 Dec 2000 11:41 #19548

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I'm in the proccess of replaceing some rather old wall light fixtures. They have frosted glass shades that are tulip shaped and I'm having a devil of a time trying to find replacements. I need four. Dose anyone know of an outlet for something like this. I've tried the internet and the auctions. And although I know that I havn't yet exhausted all my options, I am getting a bit flustrated. Any help would be welcome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Old Light Fixtures 04 Dec 2000 10:34 #19549

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Are you trying to replace just the glass or are you trying to replace the entire fixture to match the others? Also let me know what area of the country you are in and I can probably steer you in the right direction.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

Re: Old Light Fixtures 05 Dec 2000 12:09 #19550

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Greg. We are on the northeastern coast. I don't need the whole fixtures, just the Tulip shaped frosted glass shades. While I have seen frosted glass shades that would fit, I haven't been able to locate the ones that match the ones we have. And I only need four.

Re: Old Light Fixtures 08 Dec 2000 10:25 #19551

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
First stop should be a local lighting gallery, take one of the existing pieces with you and see if they can match or order it for you. There is a company out of New York, Angelo Brothers that will most likely have a near exact replacement. Almost all lighting galleries have access to them and should have one of their catalogs. If they cannot help you they should be able to point you in the right direction, Lowes/Home Depot do carry a limited amount of replacement glass, but it is usually not very decorative.

Greg Borr
RTS

Re: Old Light Fixtures 08 Dec 2000 12:32 #19552

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Greg, I'm going take your advise and look up Angelo Brothers. I don't really care at this point if they match exactly as long as they come close. I'll let you know what happens and thanks again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction