Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barry Levinson

Barry Levinson 20 Nov 2000 00:17 #19546

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Friday

Barry Levinson is in Santa Rosa, CA to film his latest film “Bandits.” It stares Cate Blanchette, Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton. I read about it in this morning’s newspaper.
Thursday was the second day in Sonoma County for the Barry Levinson film, a story about two bank robbers who break out of an Oregon prison and work their way to Mexico, picking up Blanchett along the way and falling in love with her.

Then my concessionist called up and told me that the Sonoma County Film Commissioner was in our lobby and wanted to speak to us.

It turns out the Barry Levinson is looking for a theatre with a capacity of 250 to screen his latest film called “An Everlasting Piece.” So on Sunday we may be having a screening for the boys. I hope they all show up.

So they send the editor around to scope out the theatre. He seemed to be pleased. He wanted THX. We told him that while we weren’t THX we did offer Dolby Digital. I, of course, started to obsess over every piece of dirt. They insisted on checking out each auditorium. He told Ky that he thought our place was “fabulous.”

They went back to report to Mr. Levinson and see if we are going to do this screening.
If we do this screening we are giving up the revenue on two showings of a film we advertised for a favor to be named later. What a wonderful way to get poor.

Well, it’s on. The Levinson people have called us back and we are doing the screening. Will the stars show up? Will I drool on Cate Blanchette? Will we have anything for Billy Bob Thornton to sign?
Stay tuned.

Saturday

We just broke our One Day Attendence record.

Sunday

Well our screening is going on right now. Bruce Willis flew home to take care of the kids. Billy Bob Thornton isn't here either. With his wife, i'd be rushing home too. Cate Blanchette is here. We will try to get her to sign a poster after the film.

Barry Levinson signs his Liberty Hieghts poster.

Barry Levinson

Ky Boyd & Cate Blanchette. She has just signed our The Gift poster. Too bad Billy Bob Thornton wasn't here, he wrote The Gift
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Barry Levinson 28 Nov 2000 16:30 #19547

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Large/ congratulations! Mel Gibson was here a while ago filming Man Without A face and we did their rushes for them. You should check and see if they need this service as they came every day for weeks, did not get in the way, and paid nicely! Also did the same with THINNER and same as above. Think about "opening" the picture and you'll be amazed at what people will pay to see on film what they can out the door! In our hood lives John Travolta, Elizabeth Shue. Jonathan Fraickes. I'm always pathetically atither when they come around. Cheers!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction