Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk A Practice in Extremes
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Practice in Extremes

A Practice in Extremes 13 Nov 2000 13:58 #19526

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I read recently where a theatre owner has closed his theatre and posted a sign that read, "Closed until better movies are available." He was protesting the lack of good family entertainment, citing "Remember the Titans" as the last decent family film. Although I agree with him, I find his actions a bit extreme. Am I alone on this? Seems that if you are a movie house owner the idea is to stay alive as best you can. I don't think his actions hurt anyone more then himself. But that is just my thoughts. Could I be wrong about this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Practice in Extremes 13 Nov 2000 22:23 #19527

I hope he has large cash reserves to lean on. I don't see the movie fair getting much more family orirented as long as they keep going after the "teenage i wanna sneakintothatmovie" crowd Which is the big ticket purchasers but concessions they do not buy. I read the same article. I wish there was more family films but those are few and far between. Holidays seem to be the only family times.

Re: A Practice in Extremes 13 Nov 2000 22:51 #19528

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
If this guy owns the building and has a great back door crack business, he can get away with it. I still say there is no such thing as bad publicity, and we all happen to be talking about his theater. To do something a little more family oriented, since there are no new realeases, I'm bringing in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which i'll have Thanksgiving Day. We'll see how that goes.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction