Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is There A Double Standard

Is There A Double Standard 13 Oct 2000 11:55 #19494

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Why are the major movie studios undergoing the Federal Trade Commision's Violence and Sex Pressure Scutinies while the small distributors who are non-members of the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) allowed to go free. Is it because they are harder to find then the major studios? Or is there truely a double standard? Many of the small studios say they will go along with whatever rulings there are. But they still have an option.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is There A Double Standard 13 Oct 2000 13:26 #19495

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There is no percentage in going after the little fish. The little fish have no money and if you make one change it will not affect the others. But if you make a major movie studio change then everybody else just falls in line.

No while I am all for a realignment of the ratings system, I do not want to see it legislated. The rating system is voluntary. If they make the ratings system legal then we will have lost just a little bit more of our freedom. This is America damn it; The land of the free!

I run an independent art-house and am beholden to no one but the landlord and the paying public. We are not members of the MPAA but we respect the ratings system. But if legislated, I will be very much a criminal.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited October 13, 2000).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction