Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk What's Happening To Our Industry?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's Happening To Our Industry?

What's Happening To Our Industry? 18 Sep 2000 23:33 #19481

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
The movie industry seems to be headed the same direction as the network television industry. I can not believe the amount of pure crap the studios are releasing to the theatres. We can thank the huge multiplexes for this (my opinion, of course). All these screens out there, and we gotta fill 'em with product, no matter how bad it is. This reminds me of the television networks and their terrible sitcoms, sci-fi's, drama's , etc. How can anyone market this crap? And what kind of advertiser would sponsor this garbage. Hollywood is blind. I'm thoroughly glad to see the big guys bite the dust. It is just getting out of hand.........................................Well, I feel better now!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What's Happening To Our Industry? 19 Sep 2000 10:05 #19482

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, amen to the movieguy! There must be a market for this stuff they're putting out now,but I'll be if I can find it. Good movies used to be out there all the time. Now I find myself often going back to the rental store to watch other I've enjoyed in the past rather then going to the show. This bothers me because I like the movie house and the big screen. One can only hope that this current crisis that the big movie industries are facing will be a wake-up call. One can only hope.

Mamma always said."Senseless is as senseless does."

[This message has been edited by poppajoe (edited September 19, 2000).]

Re: What's Happening To Our Industry? 20 Sep 2000 08:53 #19483

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
I agree 100%, I just can't believe some of the crap that gets released. Wouldn't it make better sense to release one good movie than 3 or 4 terrible ones that can't cash in even on opening weekend? Am I way off base here?

The whole industry doesn't make sense, build megaplexes on top of ourselves, fill them with crap, over leverage our assets to build more megaplexes, fill them too with crap, complain because we are going broke, lease more megaplexes because we are out of cash, fill with crap, and file CH.11.... I can only hope the CEO's of the large chains aren't sitting back thinking "If I only could've built 10 more, that would of put me over the top"

Of course this is just one mans opinion, I could be wrong

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre systems

Re: What's Happening To Our Industry? 20 Sep 2000 20:09 #19484

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
One word...GREED.

Its the name of the game in any retail operation. I live in a city of about 37m, we have every possible retail chain in this city. We also have many empty storefronts, from failed business's. We have a Super Walmart, a Super Menards,(opens in Oct.)and believe it or not Home Depot that is planning on opening across the street from a Menards. Our unemployment level is soooo low, that as a retailer, we are forced to take any applicant that walks in the door. Heck, Walmart even comes into our store trying to lure our employees away (handing out business cards). The theatre industry isn't any better. Why would a major player want to open a 10-12 screen only 10 rural miles away from their existing 10 screen?? Huh, doesn't make sense. Ten miles from their future site is a single screen, 3 screen, and 6 screen. Where do these retailers think the customers are going to come from? Its farm land out there!

I'm just hoping that a competing theatre in my area goes belly-up, so that I can pick up a complete booth setup for home use! Maybe a spare DTS system too!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction