Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Perfect Storm

The Perfect Storm 21 Jun 2000 13:11 #19458

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I'm looking forward to this one. With Wolfgang Peterson, "Air Force One" directing this could be the summer hit. When you also find that Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson were first offered the lead, that makes it even more interesting. I think if we think adventure rather then reality here we will receive it in better light, or dark, whatever the case may be. At any rate I'm excited.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Perfect Storm 22 Jun 2000 18:22 #19459

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I booked it because it seems to be a big draw. But; I've sailed from the USA to Ireland and back down to Barbados and I've never seen anyone duplicate the sea. U-571 was laughable; the peak was the final scene of 8 guys in a K-Mart raft on the ocean: RIGHT! They'd been dead or at least in the water in short time. Same with the "big attack" when they're paddling over! Obviously you can't make movies for people like me who've been on the sea but if you did I think it would be better! But who knows? Maybe it'll be great. As long as I sell tickets I'll show it.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Perfect Storm 07 Jul 2000 10:50 #19460

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Well Mike, I just saw "Perfect Storm" and I have to say that I felt that the ocean was very well replicated. I worked on a lobster boat for a summer during high school and althought I have never out in the ocean proper I have experienced those 10 to 15 foot swells and that was scary enough. When watching this picture I really felt a terror and fear for what those guys went through. Thought about it all night. What a way to meet your maker. Who ever you percive him or her to be.

Re: The Perfect Storm 08 Jul 2000 20:05 #19461

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
It's always scary to die.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Perfect Storm 10 Jul 2000 10:25 #19462

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Yes. your right!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction