Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Mission: Impossible 2
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mission: Impossible 2

Mission: Impossible 2 22 May 2000 11:43 #19430

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
What's the buzz on M:I2? I just read a glowing review on Ain't it cool news and my booker said that MI2 and the X-men were probably going to be Nos. 1 & 2 for the summer. What has everyone else heard?
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 22 May 2000 14:30 #19431

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I only know what I've seen in the trailers. It looks like it may be a keeper. Action abounds. It may be one of those rare instances when the sequil is better then the original. I'm looling forwards to catching some of that action.

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 23 May 2000 00:54 #19432

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
It better be good since I have committed to sixteen days in a town of only 3500. This will be only my second first run film since I got into this business nearly three years ago. I'm dreaming of a sell-out at least one night. . . And having nightmares about no one showing up the last 12 days!

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 24 May 2000 02:45 #19433

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Wow. Just got done screening MI-2 at 2am. Looks like a winner. Action packed til the end. we are running it on two screens. Lets hope that it makes us some money. I liked it alot. Thank goodness the cd soundtrack isn't really in the actual film. The soundtrack sucks. If you have booked this for your theatre, I think you'll have a winner! The final fight scene is great, but a little unbelievable. But then, this is hollywood.Did Paramount ship your print as the "DollHouse"? Thats how ours came.I guess its a secret mission of sort!:d

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 24 May 2000 11:29 #19434

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Oh yes... we received MI2 as Dollhouse. My clean up guy almost sent it back because "We're not playing no Dollhouse!" If you checked out the buszz in our links page maybe... to [url=http://www.ain't-it-coolnews.com]http://www.ain't-it-coolnews.com[/url] which is one of a few sites that has a lot of inside buzz which really helps when you're trying to make a call 4 weeks in advance... they LOVE MI2 and I think we will too. And they cooled it down to PG-13.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 25 May 2000 03:22 #19435

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, it came as Doll House. My courier and I were both in a panic for an hour or so when I called to locate M:I 2. Reel 6 came in tails up with a splice near the end. Reel 5 has like little water spots on the left side of the print all the way through it. Paramount is sending me another reel. Good movie. Sounds great in my three-week-old dts unit!
You are right about the sound track. I bought it to play before the movie starts and it gives me a headache. No sell-out, but a respectable number for a night I am not usually even open.

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 30 May 2000 10:41 #19436

Just saw MI2 and it was great! The sound track was rather loud as some of you have commented on. But over all it was full of the kind of eye candy that gets the blood pumping and the senses reeling. I don't think I'll get tired of the last 20 min. of this film for awhile. Unbeleivable ending? Sure, but hay, in Hollywood anything is possible.

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 30 May 2000 19:44 #19437

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
It is doing the business. I found it way too loud. And they'd done the sound engineer trick of turning down the dialogue so that you have to play it really loud! I'm just glad people are coming in to see it.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Mission: Impossible 2 10 Jun 2000 11:32 #19438

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
both of our prints had defective first reels. dts kept popping in and out. funny thing, the attached trailer "shaft" played fine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction