Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Sidewalk Gladiator--Disappointment?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gladiator--Disappointment?

Gladiator--Disappointment? 05 May 2000 23:59 #19414

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Is anyone else disappointed with how Gladiator opened or were my expectation on it just too high? None of the showings were even half full tonight. Of course, it did do better than I Dreamed Of Africa, but I wasn't expecting a lot from that. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gladiator--Disappointment? 07 May 2000 07:35 #19415

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
It opened much less intensely than I'd expected. I thought it would be a lined up and sold out film but that's not where we're at. Our weekend late shows are normally quite dead but Glad drew better for that than most. The reviews are all good (except the New Yorker!) but it's a hard "chick flick" and with the title you couldn't fool the most gullible young lady... "It's a Romanesque love comedy!" Everyone who sees it says it's good thoug the chariot hub caps doing the bad guy bisect scene last night got one couple to leave. I think if it doesn't open big; it never will. Look for good steady business that won't light up the world. What's next?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Gladiator--Disappointment? 07 May 2000 10:11 #19416

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We got some rain last night so we did a little better Sat. evening, though it's still way below my expectations. You're right, it's been my experience that anything that doesn't open big doesn't ever do it. What's next? I don't hold out a lot of hope for Battlefield Earth so maybe the Dinosaur/Road Trip weekend? Something is going to have to break through sometime soon, doesn't it?
Frequency seems to be holding up pretty well in it's second week. Word of mouth is helping I guess. Actually, 2nd weekend has been better than first, although it's still not all that great. A lot of people haven't heard of it.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction