Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby NATO digi cinema report
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NATO digi cinema report

Re: NATO digi cinema report 10 Dec 2005 01:02 #11510

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The Bronx? Oh god no! I live in Queens in the suburbs across the street is the beach.I am also lost on what your refering to can you clear the air so I can reply correctly!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: NATO digi cinema report 11 Dec 2005 13:32 #11511

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Re: Bronx: I thought your theatre was in the Bronx. My point was that the Bronx attitude/style/demographic/ettiquite/ etc. etc. has little in common with most towns or cities in the USA. As a former NYC cab and truck driver I can say that is definitely true.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: NATO digi cinema report 11 Dec 2005 13:36 #11512

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
you know what...that was 6 months ago and I cannot recall what I meant..... I do know the Bronx is different than most markets. other than that. heckifIknowwhatIwasmeaningbackinJuly!

I alsso know my feet were noit freexing as they are right now!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: NATO digi cinema report 11 Dec 2005 17:36 #11513

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
In any case, let's get back on topic
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=industryNews&storyID=2005-12-02T072332Z_01_KRA226511_RTRIDST_0_INDUSTRY-FOX-DC.XML
TECHNOLOGY-BRED GROWTH

......Change is also expected to come soon in the oldest viewing venue of all -- the local movie theater -- with the advent of digital cinemas that let studios do away with shipping film reels and let theaters download entire films.

Digital cinema is expected to deliver crisper pictures and even three-dimensional movies that could lure viewers to watch concerts and sporting events on the big screen.

Quality aside, the move "affords a greater flexibility for us and for exhibitors to expand and contract releases" based on demand.

"If you look out five years there is virtually no place you would not be able to watch a film," Gianopulos said.

In fact, he said, Fox would be open to a deal with Apple Computer Inc's iTunes music and video service.

Reuters/VNU

"What a crazy business"
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction