Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Star Wars Booked
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Star Wars Booked

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 16:57 #41202

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
You sold it because attendance was falling. Whether you made money on the sale isn't relevant. One can be a great deal maker and a poor operator at the same time.

And I'm glad you agree that the place needs work, it has (the pics you have seen are prior to opening). And I'm up here quite often before and after hours working on this or that. But only so much to do as we are getting a new facility built next year.

And LOL at the "must be true you heard it on the internet" non-denial. Of course he did that, and of course he won't admit he did. He may not have any care for his customers, but he won't admit publicly to something the studios wouldn't like.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flansered

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 17:16 #41205

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
You win !!

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 17:17 #41206

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
You win !

Star Wars light sabe fight? 21 Jul 2014 17:40 #41209

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I looked at 47 replies and thought "what the hell?" What could people be talking about? I feel like I stumbled into a passionate argument at Comic Con. Anyway... any time you find your self arguing passionately with a theatre owner operator over the cut and the name and it starts to degenerate.... just please stop. Each of us, and all of the prospective owners out there, have to live where we live, do the best we can, and try to make a living. At some point it's best to just leave it alone. Once it starts to get personal it's time to go to Facebook and give that cranky aunt some grief. Thanks/ Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The following user(s) said Thank You: LanceC, widescreen

Star Wars Booked 22 Jul 2014 12:01 #41211

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

Star Wars Booked 22 Jul 2014 12:45 #41212

• flansered
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Andrew Thomas wrote:
And LOL at the "must be true you heard it on the internet" non-denial. Of course he did that, and of course he won't admit he did. He may not have any care for his customers, but he won't admit publicly to something the studios wouldn't like.

I expected him to just say no, but the non-denial felt like him screaming "Yes". I used to go to the Plaza very regularly, but once they started showing "digital" versions of older movies and being insulting to customers that asked about it made me decide that it wasn't worth my time or my money to deal with it. I love seeing film in a theater and I'd rather see films like Snowpiercer in the theater, but it showing at the Plaza and the actions of its owner make watching it on VOD in my home a better option. Especially after the stuff with the Fox and The Women.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Thomas

Star Wars Booked 22 Jul 2014 13:52 #41213

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm with Mike and I think we should move on. Slap, this appears to be a big, unfortunate mistake and it doesn't appear to me that you meant to mislead people but didn't know the best way to handle it once it took off. I'm sure you'll find a way to turn it around with your customers.

Congratulations on your 75th Anniversary. Our 75th is next summer, not sure what we're going to do yet. Maybe Star Wars? :P

Star Wars Booked 22 Jul 2014 17:29 #41215

• Mike
  • Administrator
that was interesting/ the link that Andrew posted/ but the sites fevered dissection is the ultimate Fanboy kind of fascination. The proof in the pudding, even if it was a miss-speak "the original" vs the reality of a re-cut.... it's truly small change and does not or should not rise to a personality conflict.... I'm with the people who shrugged, bought tickets, and had a hell of a good time... as opposed to the guy in the Darth Vader helmet angry that frame # 34573 was cut. Anyway... I do believe in truth in product/ advertising as well. The correction was made, refunds were given (26)... and the ship sailed on.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Star Wars Booked 23 Jul 2014 10:16 #41223

• Mike
  • Administrator
if you want to insult each other use the phone or go to each others web sites and send each other an email. I have deleted some parts and I'm closing the topic. It's time to move on. Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The following user(s) said Thank You: LanceC
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction