Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Theaters for sale!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Theaters for sale!

Re: Theaters for sale! 04 May 2012 00:48 #38384

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
BusyBee wrote:
We are CBG and we are using Cinedigm. I just pulled up an old email wherein we were encouraged to pursue Cinedigm financing because it was not limited to CBG members. So, I'm not sure why I was under the impression that I needed a CBG membership. CBG did facilitate our communications with Cinedigm and the communication from the CBG and the webinars were extremely helpful. I don't regret my membership, but I'm not sure it was necessary.

Busybee,

It is my understanding that the only way to get VPFs if you fall under the 85% hurdle is to be a member of CBG. So yes, it was worth it for you and others in the same boat.

If you are above the 85%, you can still use Cinedigm as well as the others. The biggest advantage to using Cinedigm is that they are agnostic to equipment while most of the others have some sort of preferred equipmet for you to use.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theaters for sale! 06 May 2012 14:35 #38404

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The Subject here is "Theaters for sale"!

Re: Theaters for sale! 06 May 2012 21:01 #38407

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
jacker5 wrote:
The Subject here is "Theaters for sale"!

Very relevant. Digital is a big factor on the value of any theater. Especially for a 1st run theater since there are only 4 months or so to get those vpf deals signed.

Re: Theaters for sale! 10 May 2012 03:16 #38423

• LaPorte 4 Cinema
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The LaPorte Lion Cinemas in LaPorte, IN (Northwest Indiana) is for sale. 4 Screen with 495 seats and room for 100 more. First run. Remodeled and reopened as of 05/01/12 after being closed for a little over a month. Building, parking lot and some vacant land (to build a house?) included with business.

I am a real estate investor and purchased the building in 2007 when I lived in the area. I was planning to be there long term, but I met my wife and she got a professorship in Los Angeles. I leased to a major chain and then an independent who unexpectedly closed in March 2012. I flew back for a month in April 2012, remodeled, rebranded, readvertised and did a ton of maintenance. We opened last week and did great!

Unfortunately, there is no great way for me to run this business from so far away. If you have always dreamed of owning a theater, take a look. www.laportelion.com. Photos are specifically at laportelion.com/content.aspx?pageId=456. I really want this theater to get into a theater person's hands so it can stay in the area for a long, long time. The mayor, the chamber of commerce, the local press and the town are all onboard. Check the Press link.

I know that the building needs a digital conversion and I know that the amount of people who actually have money and can also run a theater is very small. I will work with the right person to get this done. I don't want my old town to be without a theater, especially not when they have a population of 21,000 and the competitor theater 15 miles away in a town with a population of 31,000 does 10 times the business. I want the business to stay home!

Long story short, if you have the means and the skill, any reasonable offer will considered. You can control the real estate, take advantage of my efforts to rebrand, and enjoy a prominent role in a friendly, supportive town. Plus, you can make some good money!

If interested, please email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawrence

Re: Theaters for sale! 11 May 2012 15:18 #38444

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
Pennsylvania Drive In currently for sale on Ebay:

Asking Price $190,000.00.

Reynolds Drive IN

Re: Theaters for sale! 11 May 2012 18:38 #38445

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
Sterling, Colorado

5 screens, $1.65 million

www.ebay.com/itm/MULTI-PLEX-FIRST-RUN-MO...81a2#ht_13406wt_1163

Re: Theaters for sale! 15 May 2012 16:06 #38465

• LaPorte 4 Cinema
  • Fresh Boarder
Here's my theater's listing with photos:

www.loopnet.com/lid/17661337

$440,000 or best offer. Business and Real Estate included.

Please contact me with any questions. Thanks!

Re: Theaters for sale! 02 Aug 2012 14:13 #38971

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
www.ebay.com/itm/130740696168?ru=http%3A...740696168%26_rdc%3D1

Plainview, TX

Unfortunately not many pictures. The current owner does not seem to think it is necessary "I CANNOT PHOTOGRAFH EVERY NOOK AND CRANY". I would think pictures of the following would be the minimum: 1) full auditorium view, 2) bathrooms, 3) booth, 4) lobby, 5) concession stand area, & any problem areas (he did a decent job here).

Re: Theaters for sale! 15 Feb 2013 19:13 #39768

HI,
Do you have a listed price for this? Also any pictures.?
Patti

Theaters for sale! 23 Jul 2013 00:59 #40161

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Any new theatres for sale? Been awhile!
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction