Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Star Wars Booked
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Star Wars Booked

Star Wars Booked 20 Jul 2014 15:37 #41178

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Yes that's how we run our business , I know you read it on the Internet ..

What theatre do you own maybe you could teach me how to do it correctly ..

Yes and we had to lie because no one wanted to see Star Wars IV...lol

You have a lot of time on your hands go out and do something on a Saturday night or Sunday ..
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2014 15:41 by slapintheface.
The topic has been locked.

Star Wars Booked 20 Jul 2014 16:38 #41179

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Nah, too busy buying my second location, having design meetings for our new build to replace our first location, taking meetings with a developer for our possible third location.

All while treating my customers with respect and building a great customer base to support us for many years to come.

Star Wars Booked 20 Jul 2014 16:44 #41180

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Well good luck in your endeavors.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 00:14 #41186

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
:ohmy: Wowzers. Sometimes we dig ourselves in pretty deep before we even realize we're in a hole. Eating crow and saving face has got to be the hardest thing for the human ego to handle.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 00:45 #41187

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
It really isn't. Nobody is perfect, people make mistakes, and they hopefully learn from them. Some people instead pretend they didn't make a mistake and they double down on their defense of themselves.

I've made plenty of mistakes in my time in this business, but I'm quick to admit them and quick to learn from them and do better as we move along. And most people are really gracious when you say "We screwed up. We are sorry."

And then some people brag about having a top 12 theater in the country (according to who and by what metric) that had to shut the doors because people stopped showing up. Maybe because of an owner who was unwilling to learn from his mistakes and was instead antagonistic towards his paying customers?

I don't know. But again, I know I'm not perfect and am still learning every day and making improvements. Hoping everybody else here is doing the same!

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 07:15 #41188

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Lol...my theatre that was top 12 in the country ( by aol that I sold )is the top 5% grosser ( independent Theatre ) in the nation .

The point of the "bragging " is you don't win the local awards like best of in your city by not taking care of your customers . You don't have reviews online of 4 3/4 ( out of 5) by not taking care of your customers , you don't see double digit Growth yearly by not taking care of your customers .

People like Andrew who aren't customers who have never bought a ticket relish this type of controversy because if its online its true always are the ones that have the most to say . I am in a city of 5 million people not a town of 30,000 if you think you can make everyone happy you have not been doing this very long .

The Whole Star Wars controversy --I posted just as I was told by the booking it is also the only way it could be posted on the Fandgo / movie times web sites and recorded on rentrak 1977. As soon as I saw people were confused we offered refunds ( 26 )2 weeks before the event , every person before entering the theatre was reminded of what they were seeing.and we're thrilled with the night .

To then be called Bait & switch , lier and god knows what else by people who hide behind the Internet is not cool in my book and I don't have to stand for it .

Not sure how many have ever played Star Wars since the last release but I know it can't be many the fact we pulled it off is a Hugh accomplishment and have zero regrets .
Last Edit: 21 Jul 2014 07:19 by slapintheface.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 09:26 #41190

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
I don't think it was a bait and switch, at this point based on your explanation it is just pure incompetence to not know which version you are playing. It is no different than if you advertised Citizen Kane (1941) and played the Turner colorized version because you didn't know.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 09:37 #41191

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
You still don't get it ..... There is no 1997 version theatricly .. No way to put in the computer systems that way , online or rentrax or othet movie sites .. That's why I am shocked you own a theatre and don't know this . It only comes up one way ,please be fair and look it up try to add Star Wars title .

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 11:51 #41194

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
Nobody is contesting how it is listed by the studio, anybody that knows anything about Star Wars knows that Lucas has disavowed the 77 cut and the 1997 cut is the official theatrical edition. The problem is that an operator that specializes in rep content should know which cut of the film they are playing when multiple exist. PARTICULARLY when there is such acrimony over the changes that were made. You posted on multiple occasions, in places where you are in full control of the content of the posting, that you were playing the original Star Wars (1977). You were repeatedly asked for clarification as it would be a way bigger deal to have the original cut than any screening of the special edition cut would ever be. You deleted posts and comments on your facebook page when people began pressing you on the issue.

So I would say again, the issue here must be incompetence as opposed to willful deceit because you still don't get why this is an issue.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 13:35 #41195

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Once again you are incorrect every posting listed as Star Wars IV 1977 last shown 17 years ago .

If we had posted Star Wars that would have been the lie or incompetence .

I really need to know how do you have this much time or care to post this much ??

Things that bad in Texas ??

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 14:01 #41196

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
So incompetence it is! A recipe for long term success, like the Hippodrome, am I right?

(this took me 48 seconds to read and respond since you were so concerned)
Last Edit: 21 Jul 2014 14:02 by Andrew Thomas.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 14:52 #41197

• flansered
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey slapintheface, is there any truth the the rumors that I have heard about you showing pirated content of cult movies? I have been seeing a lot of comments around the internet that has mentioned that, specifically that you showed a rip of the German Army of Darkness blu-ray recently.

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 15:30 #41199

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Haha.. Yes I sold that and made money .. Looking at your theatre you really need to spend some tlc on that place ...

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 15:31 #41200

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
If its on the Internet it's true .

Star Wars Booked 21 Jul 2014 15:32 #41201

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Andrew -- you Win ... You even exhausted me ....
That's hard to do ...

75 th anniversary this week and have lots to do ...
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction