Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Good price on booth equipment?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Good price on booth equipment?

Re: Good price on booth equipment? 02 Jun 2008 11:07 #18729

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Drive-In manufacturing is known today as SPECO. In my opinion they make a fairly decent film transport system though not my #1 choice.

If you are planning on opening a drive-in make sure that the parking lot lights from walmart aren't going to be a "contrast killer" for you. Even though they are two blocks away you do not want them to be in the field of view of the screen. If people can see the lights while looking at the screen it will affect thier eyes ability to pick up the full contrast of the screen properly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Good price on booth equipment? 02 Jun 2008 11:31 #18730

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
A lot of timing issues, the pots on the feed plates would drift constantly. The PCB's in the column were flaky and failed often, we had trouble with the bearing in the drive wheels seizing. They just required a lot of TLC it seemed.

We must be talking about different versions then.

Mine were very simple... just a set of ignition points in the feed arm... no pots. Timing was never an issue.

I had idler wheel problems right at the end, but found replacements at a "wheel store" in Seattle.

Actually, the makeup table wore out before the platters did. I replaced the motor, using a drive from an old Double-MUT, and got another 8 years out of the thing.

Re: Good price on booth equipment? 02 Jun 2008 16:28 #18731

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NSCInemas:
<B>Drive-In manufacturing is known today as SPECO. In my opinion they make a fairly decent film transport system though not my #1 choice.

If you are planning on opening a drive-in make sure that the parking lot lights from walmart aren't going to be a "contrast killer" for you. Even though they are two blocks away you do not want them to be in the field of view of the screen. If people can see the lights while looking at the screen it will affect thier eyes ability to pick up the full contrast of the screen properly.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a Drive-in but a indoor theater.

Re: Good price on booth equipment? 03 Jun 2008 12:54 #18732

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
oh ok... I dunno why I thought you were going to open a drive in, I must be hallucunating again!

Just an FYI even though I am sure you know this and I am in no way trying to insult your intelligence but just want to clarify incase someone new to the business runs across this thread in the future. A "Drive-In" platter would work just as well in an indoor house.

Re: Good price on booth equipment? 03 Jun 2008 17:11 #18733

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NSCInemas:
<B>oh ok... I dunno why I thought you were going to open a drive in, I must be hallucunating again!

Just an FYI even though I am sure you know this and I am in no way trying to insult your intelligence but just want to clarify incase someone new to the business runs across this thread in the future. A "Drive-In" platter would work just as well in an indoor house.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These platters were made by a Drive-In manufacturing company. They however have been used since new in an indoor cinema.

Thanks for the info!

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction