Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Startup Help Please?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Startup Help Please?

Re: Startup Help Please? 19 Dec 2006 17:39 #13951

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
Yea, im going to get someone to value the land and see what it is. im also going to find out who can tell me what the fair lease value is.
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

"Inspiration is only a thought away"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Startup Help Please? 19 Dec 2006 20:14 #13952

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
Maybe he is hoping for that person that really needs the land that it sits on. He would stand to make more money from the sale of the land then leasing the property out as a theatre. We have a tri-plex here that is located in a very busy area and could make a killing if it was run right and got good features.(budget or full price) But the buildings owners are willing to lease the theatre out for one million a year. The theatre dates back to the 1930's and tri-plexed in the 1980's. It's been closed since 1998 when the last operator's lease was raised. The theatre has been sitting there since. Well the property that the theatre sits on is the last corner of the square that has not been torn down and rebuilt with a large new building as the rest of the square. And just north of it there is a few other small buildings that could get razed for the right amount on that check. He might have given you that figure to see what you do. It sounds like he does not want to be stuck with another theatre lease.

[This message has been edited by Avco (edited December 19, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Avco (edited December 19, 2006).]

Re: Startup Help Please? 19 Dec 2006 22:46 #13953

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
BPZ --> Get me the info if you can

I don't think it will appraise for that amount so I am getting someone to check the value. I am also getting someone to tell me the fair lease rate for the area. Either route that I go I will be sure to put in clauses such as: even if default on lease I can get my stuff out of there and an option to buy at price listed on lease.
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

Re: Startup Help Please? 20 Dec 2006 15:46 #13954

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I will be sure to put in clauses such as: even if default on lease I can get my stuff out of there

Since the owner doesn't seem inclined to lease the place, do you think this kind of wording will help your cause? From what I read here, he seems ok with just letting the place sit.

Re: Startup Help Please? 20 Dec 2006 17:12 #13955

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
he will lease, he doesnt have a problem with it. But he is out of his mind if he thinks he will ever get that price.
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

Re: Startup Help Please? 22 Dec 2006 01:16 #13956

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
I think I found a new name, what does Legacy Theater or Legacy Cinema sound? I will also take suggestions on cool names besides "Charles Cinema".
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction