Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby what kind of video projector should we get?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: what kind of video projector should we get?

Re: what kind of video projector should we get? 17 Apr 2006 19:20 #13851

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I just picked up a Kodak D1050 Projector, Nothing fancy but the price was rite and always leaves the room to upgrade to something better.

Anyone have any experience with the Kodak?

Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!

Tony.
tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: what kind of video projector should we get? 09 Dec 2006 18:29 #13852

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I ended up getting a BenQ from TigerDirect. It is ceiling mounted in a box my neighbor made. Access is via the attic. Getting the picture centered, straight, and focused was a chore. The picture fills my flat screen and my amateur PowerPoint slides look much better than my old 35mm slides.

I am still trying to figure out how to get my Pepsi trivia into PowerPoint. I have a few ads made up by more experienced PowerPoint people than me and they look extremely good--all animated and moving. I have played a DVD and the picture looked good, the sound is superb.

My screen is 33' wide and the throw to the booth is about 85'. The BenQ is mounted about half-way back. We had to run power and cables from the unit to the projection booth. Everything is now hooked up. The sound is hooked up to the DTS.

Our biggest problem was with the remote. It wouldn't reach from the booth to the unit. That was pretty frustrating for awhile, since I purchased two units and neither of them worked! My young, former projectionist took one of the eyes out of the unit. He then soldered wires to the unit where the eye was and put the eye in a small plastic box and attached it to the wall next to my sound system in the booth. It works great!

Then I had a problem with it not being hooked up to my automation, I have forgotten about that and set my automation. Then I have to run upstairs to turn the preshow off. Still haven't figured out how to hook it up to the automation, but I heard about a wireless remote extender. I went to Radio Shack found one, and hooked it up in about two minutes. I can now turn the BenQ off from the ticket booth--or anywhere I want.

I still have to install the other BenQ in my other theatre. I will mount the wireless remote receiver right next to the video projector and won't have to remove the eye or run that extra wire. I can then put the transmitter anywhere I want there, too.

Now, if I could just hook it up to the automation...

Hope some of this helps someone else contemplating buying a video projector that must be ceiling mounted.

Re: what kind of video projector should we get? 11 Dec 2006 10:39 #13853

FYI-
Kodak had produced a pre-show projector with InFocus referred to as the "333".
It is a high lumen, high contrast 3 chip
DLP projector designed for cinema
operation. Apparently they scrapped the
project, so the $15K projectors are now
available for as low as $6K (with warranty).
I had a demo of one last year, and the image
is amazing. Unfortunately, I already have
3 digital projs, so I can't take advantage.
I'm not sure what the rules are for listing
links- but if you do a search under
INFOCUS 333 you should find some info.

Re: what kind of video projector should we get? 11 Dec 2006 11:55 #13854

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Take a look at the projectors we are finding and listing "on ebay". There is a 2200 ANSI BenQ at 350.00 and a Christie 4500 ansi for 1300.00!!!!!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction