Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby is anybody out there?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: is anybody out there?

Re: is anybody out there? 14 Oct 2006 20:45 #13539

• cat
  • Junior Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leeler:
<B>How is your fall shaping up so far?

Mine has been better then in years past. Any idea why that might be? I just finished a sell out for Barnyard and that is very unusual for October for me. Is it the cold or am I getting better at picking movies that suit my customers? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't speak for other patrons, but I tend to take a break around Labor Day and resume my moviegoing when "Oscar bait" starts showing up in October. I'm also checking out festival-circuit fare; a locally-made film called "Islander" is showing at several locations this week.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: is anybody out there? 15 Oct 2006 16:13 #13540

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
cat, do you think your reasoning for "taking a break between Labor Day and October" is due to the quality of movie or due to the time of year ?
"What a crazy business"

Re: is anybody out there? 24 Oct 2006 21:06 #13541

• cat
  • Junior Boarder
My break in moviegoing is almost entirely based on the release schedule. However, personal circumstances can enter into the picture, as I had a scheduling conflict and couldn't make it to "Islander." It was a one-week engagement, so I'll probably wait for the DVD. These roadshow films tend to get pretty battered by the time I get around to seeing them, anyway.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction