Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Miramax Strikes (or should I say Screws?) Again
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Miramax Strikes (or should I say Screws?) Again

Re: Miramax Strikes (or should I say Screws?) Again 09 Dec 2004 21:53 #9533

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't disagree that Finding Neverland needs a careful print release schedule. We've had the poster for months and knew that it needed to build slowly. I'm with Muviebuf - why didn't Miramax know this before booking and unbooking theaters?
We want it but are looking carefully to place it where it would play best for us. We think January would be better.

However, after begging for a print of Shall We Dance for 6 weeks prior to its release only to be turned down week after week, I'm not pinning any hopes on it. We knew Shall We Dance would do particularly well here. When we finally got it we had it for 5 days- it did better in those 5 days than our competitor did with it the first week. Unfortunately they had destroyed the print - scratches throughout and missing film in the second reel which caused a loss of continuity. We complained immediately but couldn't get another print because Shall We Dance has legs and no one want to release a print. Our print was tagged and reported as a bad print to both the depot and Miramax so I hope no one here gets it. Anyway, my point is that Miramax is routinely mishandling it releases now. As has been stated by others there are personnel upheavals within and that is not good for us. They don't know what they are doing from day to day. Book new releases carefully but you should be OK in subrun as long as you don't get our print of Shall We Dance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Miramax Strikes (or should I say Screws?) Again 09 Dec 2004 23:43 #9534

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Beck you're freakin' me out.
I play it next week (although it came today for some reason). I think I'm going to build it up tomorrow and take a look and see if I've got a decent print. I know the chances I have your print are mighty small, but........

"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction