Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Old Building Signage needs help!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Building Signage needs help!!

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 22 Aug 2003 20:04 #6405

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
West Bend Theatre. I see no method of posting an image on this site. Tonight was the grand celebration in the downtown area. The sign, plus every building with their minature outlining lights was lite at 8pm. Looks pretty cool! Every storefront rooftops (and some sides) are outlined in white lights.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 23 Aug 2003 05:45 #6406

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
I too do not know how to post images here, but I have seen some, so someone knows how. I don't see an FAQ page, so don't where the instructions are. I've seen shots of that wonderful vertical of yours in your local jewelers' TV ads run here in Milw. You could easily post a photo of it where your theatre is listed in the Cinema Treasures site: www.cinematreasures.org and use their SEARCH function to locate the page. Click on PHOTOS and they give instructions on how to do it. You might also want to add a photo to your listing at www.CinemaTour.org where your theatre is entry #4095 (go to CINEMAS>WIS. and scan down alphabetically). Apparently, you must E-mail them for photo instructions. Will that jewler donate a still of that shot?

I'm glad the white lights worked out so well; without the illuminated and often animated verticals and marquees of years past, many downtowns look quite drab after dark, even bright street lighting just doesn't add excitement. Good to see that West Bend is seeing the light (pun intended). Jim

[This message has been edited by jimor (edited August 27, 2003).]
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 23 Aug 2003 16:30 #6407

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, since you now have a safe and reasonably easy way to get at this brute (thanks to the boom truck), you may also have a way to change those bad sockets, in certain areas... IF the sign is thick enough (which it probably is), on the hidden rear edge next to the building, using a sabre saw or nibbling tool you could cut some access holes to get inside the sign and change the defective sockets... Then, you could make up an access hole cover (s) and attach it with sheet metal screws... Like the others here, I would enjoy seeing your sign in its restored glory!...

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 26 Aug 2003 19:51 #6408

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Seems like I can not post an image on cinematour.org (suspended service) or cinematreasures.org (no new images until next year). Anyone wishing to see the marquee should email me, and I will send you an image. Doesn't look like you can add them to this site.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 26 Aug 2003 20:59 #6409

• Roger
  • Senior Boarder
You have the domain name wrong. It is cinematour.com NOT .org. Go there and e-mail the photo to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it for it to be posted.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 26 Aug 2003 22:02 #6410

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hey there MovieGuy, I just sent you an e-mail a short time ago requesting that picture of the upright sign, using the e-mail address in your profile, but it came back undeliverable.

Would you send me one please.

Thanks.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 27 Aug 2003 00:12 #6411

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry about the returned email. I closed down that account because I had such a hard time logging onto email.com

I hope that I corrected my email at this site. I changed it tonight, ummm, I think I did.

I will post an image on the cinematour site.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 27 Aug 2003 06:46 #6412

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
I get the impression that Mike does NOT want photos on this site, else he would post an INSTRUCTIONS header about how to do so. Probably it is becuse of the server space it would take up. Care to comment Mike?
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 27 Aug 2003 08:45 #6413

Jimor-

When you post a message, click the link to the left of the text box that says "*UBB Code is ON". A new window will pop up explaining how to post links, quotes, pictures, etc. Mike doesn't need to worry about pictures taking up space as you "borrow" the bandwidth of another site.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 27 Aug 2003 09:32 #6414

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hey Andrew,

Time to get rid of those "fries", don't you think? Maybe replace them with pop corn?

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 29 Sep 2003 14:04 #6415

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Image has been added to the cinematour.com website.

Re: Old Building Signage needs help!! 29 Sep 2003 14:54 #6416

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Movieguy <> Wow!... Now THAT'S some sign!... Definitely a downtown landmark, and witness to the Movies Golden Age... It still looks great, and I'm sure is awesome when lit after dark... Great looking old theater building, as well... Thanks for posting the picture...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction