Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Booking Question
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking Question

Booking Question 05 Jun 2014 21:42 #41007

• tltw72
  • Fresh Boarder
It's my understanding that some studios will not let you split the screen with others if you are showing their film. I'm in Batesville and my oldest son used to work at the OAKS 7. I have also done some research on The Melba myself.

tltw72
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Booking Question 05 Jun 2014 22:35 #41008

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
This seems to be mostly dependent on how long the film has been in release. We've been able to split a screen on content from Warner, Disney, Fox, Lionsgate, and Paramount. Hadn't had a situation to ask Universal or Sony to yet.

Booking Question 05 Jun 2014 22:36 #41009

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
tltw72 wrote:
It's my understanding that some studios will not let you split the screen with others if you are showing their film. I'm in Batesville and my oldest son used to work at the OAKS 7. I have also done some research on The Melba myself.

tltw72

This is true within the first 3 weeks or so (longer for Disney). By the time the Oaks 7 is done playing a movie you should be able to split most movies. Keep in mind you will not be able to play a movie at the same time as the Oaks 7.

Anyone have pictures of the inside of the Oaks 7? It does look pretty blah from the outside.

Booking Question 06 Jun 2014 00:11 #41011

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Non profit is fine if you want a hobby and not a biz ....

Booking Question 21 Aug 2014 06:09 #41328

• Buddyd
  • Fresh Boarder
I am in a similar situation. I am looking to renovate and reopen a small theater in my area and I need to upgrade to digital. The theater was built in 1942 as a single with a balcony but was split into a twin and the balcony converted into projection rooms. Since that time, it was further converted for live performances in the left theater with the right theater remaining film.

I want to upgrade the film side to digital and run second run movies and keep the left side for live performances, but have thought about using the left side during the week for television show screenings for popular shows or rerunning older popular shows. I want to use a consumer grade projector for this because I cannot do a full projector with the setup I need for live performances. Do any of you know if the studios producing tv shows will license viewings like this? Or how I would go about getting said license?

Booking Question 21 Aug 2014 17:42 #41331

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm actually not aware of anyone getting licenses to show television content, and I've been watching for it. I am aware of one theater that ran a really good program of TV shows on their screen before they went digital. I thought they were licensed because the screenings were marketed and attended so well. In the end, they got a cease and desist and had to stop. We tried to show football, got a cease and desist from the NFL.

The licensing for theaters is completely different from licensing for bars and restaurants.

Booking Question 21 Aug 2014 17:53 #41332

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
I run a lot of TV shows at the theatre but they all come from the network as a theatre rental .

Booking Question 21 Aug 2014 20:01 #41333

• Buddyd
  • Fresh Boarder
How do you get that "theater rental"? and are there any restrictions on what I can charge for viewings of a PD film?
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2014 20:01 by Buddyd.

Booking Question 21 Aug 2014 20:22 #41334

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in a big city so we do TV premiers for HBO and other networks usually before the show season starts on TV .
We have a rental rate for these events they pay us to play it .
I have never played a Tv show other than this way or worked for a company that played a TV show .

Booking Question 15 Sep 2014 18:50 #41410

• Jared M
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm very interested in how to do this? I'm trying to open a single screen with special screenings of things like this.

Booking Question 16 Sep 2014 12:06 #41411

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey Buddyd; There are no restrictions on PD films. You can do anything you want. There are at least two lists on the internet. Google them.

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction