Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using Facebook

Using Facebook 13 May 2014 13:42 #40917

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
leeler wrote:
I agree with slap that it isnot as big of a thing as it was in the past. I think they've been tinkering with the algorithm and it is more difficult to get page views without paying for an ad. My ad budget just doesn't have room for facebook ads so it isn't as big of a thing for me as it once was

The only way to get your posts seen without paying after you get to a certain point is through customer engagement. You have to post things that will get likes, comments, and shares.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Facebook 13 May 2014 14:19 #40918

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
True, and that's the crappy thing about trying to advertise movie times. On Mondays, I post what we have booked for Friday and nobody sees it. But if I post different types of announcements that people can "like" then I get a ton of interaction, just like Slap did when he got his #5 best theater (except nowhere near 64,000, LOL). Our biggest interactions this year have been the announcement that we're replacing our seats and the announcement that there was some vandalism to our building. I might try some giveaways to see if it boosts my regular postings.

Using Facebook 13 May 2014 19:08 #40919

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
True again. I believe Facebook calls it "engagement". The more active or social people are with your page the more likely your customers will see your posts.

You guys should checkout Andrew's page. He really does a good job.

Plus Facebook is better than not having a regular website. You should take advantage of all the free resources you can. Like getting your showtimes listed on the national websites.

Using Facebook 13 May 2014 19:56 #40920

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
who doesn't have a regular website and for what reason could there possibly be???

by all means use every advertising means at your disposal and within your ability to do affordably. We do TV, radio, web, Email, Facebook, national websites, the good old fashioned marquee, sidewalk signs, tent cards at local restaurants, signs at the ballpark, etc etc etc. This is my primary job as far as I'm concerned. If a new way comes available we discuss it and decide if we can do it or not. There are far too many differing forms of competition for entertainment dollars not to fight it with everything you can
"What a crazy business"

Using Facebook 13 May 2014 20:02 #40921

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is my newest TV ad. What do you think?

"What a crazy business"
Last Edit: 13 May 2014 22:01 by leeler.

Using Facebook 14 May 2014 00:14 #40922

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
leeler wrote:
who doesn't have a regular website and for what reason could there possibly be???

by all means use every advertising means at your disposal and within your ability to do affordably. We do TV, radio, web, Email, Facebook, national websites, the good old fashioned marquee, sidewalk signs, tent cards at local restaurants, signs at the ballpark, etc etc etc. This is my primary job as far as I'm concerned. If a new way comes available we discuss it and decide if we can do it or not. There are far too many differing forms of competition for entertainment dollars not to fight it with everything you can

Ask Bob. No Showtimes on the national websites and no website. But he does have 3 Facebook pages!

Using Facebook 14 May 2014 00:28 #40923

• Ptwin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've been using a company that does social media management,they consult with me weekly about any upcoming deals or things I want people aware of and they can put together something creative and how to make it get out there more virally than paid, its boosted my likes to the page and has brought people in for the different deals, I like it cause I have time for a weekly "what's coming soon post. But don't have the time to post what it takes to keep people engaged. They also setup accounts fore on instagram and other social mediums that I dont use or know how to operate.

Company is called The Dealio contact is Taylor Klein 208-867-2656

Using Facebook 14 May 2014 10:27 #40924

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
Bob, I don't mean to pile on but you gotta have a website, man. It is a minimal cost and you can do updates yourself (I do). If the super small theaters around me can do it, then you can, too. And the national websites are a no-brainer. Email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it your showtimes early in the week and they'll get on the majority of national websites. In the 21st century you have to have a strong online presence. And do yourself a favor and consolidate to one facebook page. It'll be easier for you and your customers. How far you go with advertising after that is entirely up to you but these days if you don't have a cyber presence then you might as well not be in business. The millennials are all about the web and you want them to come to your theater.
"What a crazy business"

Using Facebook 14 May 2014 21:01 #40928

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
You must have a website ....

Using Facebook 15 May 2014 15:08 #40931

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I manage over a dozen different Facebook pages that are very different. I always try to keep my correct "voice" and remember to sign in to the page and act as the correct page. Once or twice I posted something personal or irrelevant (movie people don't care that you are worked up about harbor issues) etc. etc. Facebook is great but I find myself more and more buried in Face/ Instagram/ messages/ texts/ emails/ etc. etc.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Using Facebook 29 May 2014 12:04 #40963

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
It also bothers me to see business not respond to questions in a timely manner. We make it a point to check our page at least twice a day unless we have a big event occurring which we check it hourly.

Saw this morning where a customer asked what a theater was playing this weekend. The post occurred on Wednesday so a theater should know what it is playing for the weekend. Plus this is a normal question that any theater operator hears.

The reply? Trying to get the customer to come see what is playing right now the next two nights without a word of what is playing in 48 hours.

No wonder this theater is struggling.

Using Facebook 29 May 2014 15:25 #40965

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
rufusjack wrote:
It also bothers me to see business not respond to questions in a timely manner. We make it a point to check our page at least twice a day unless we have a big event occurring which we check it hourly.

Saw this morning where a customer asked what a theater was playing this weekend. The post occurred on Wednesday so a theater should know what it is playing for the weekend. Plus this is a normal question that any theater operator hears.

The reply? Trying to get the customer to come see what is playing right now the next two nights without a word of what is playing in 48 hours.

No wonder this theater is struggling.

I confess that we do not always hit the reply button fast enough at our theatres.... even if someone could just click on the web address.... it's always nice to answer promptly and helpfully.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Using Facebook 29 May 2014 19:20 #40966

• Ptwin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have the page manager app on my phone I get a notice when someone comments and I can answer asap.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction