Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Warner Bros flat rate for "42"

Warner Bros flat rate for "42" 29 Jun 2013 14:53 #40102

also has to due with shipping cost of 35 mm prints

there are no depots left except LA

does not apply to digital
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warner Bros flat rate for "42" 30 Jun 2013 16:59 #40103

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Since when do the studios pay for shipping? I always had to pay for it myself. In that case, higher shipping costs are a factor for the theater operator, but not the studios. If they have started to pay for shipping, then I see your point. Do they now pay for shipping of prints?

Warner Bros flat rate for "42" 30 Jun 2013 20:31 #40104

sorry they have always paid to ship and store their prints what you pay is the bill to technicolor or deluxe
to bring the print in and out of your theatre used to be done by film carriers

Warner Bros flat rate for "42" 01 Jul 2013 02:30 #40105

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I consider bringing the film in and out of a theater to be shipping. I think you are saying studios ship the prints to the depot. I'm saying that I paid to have the prints shipped from the depot to my theater and back to the depot when I was finished with it. Having a large number of prints shipped from a lab to a single depot would not compare in expense to the sum of all the shipping costs paid by the exhibitors who pay to move each print individually to and from the depot. Studios shipping cost in this regard should have gone down since they make fewer copies and have them shipped only to the LA depot as you've described. Storage costs may be higher per print if the depot has the same overhead for fewer prints, but you didn't originally include storage as part of your statement. I don't know how many depots there were a few years ago, but I know it was significantly more than one. It's hard to believe that consolidating to just one depot would cause overhead to skyrocket on a per print basis. If multiple depots were being used with the much lower number of prints, that would make some sense. It all sounds to me like the studios are just trying to recoup more of their expenses for each film print. Knowing that lower grossing theaters are more likely to want prints on film, they feel the need to charge more to justify printing copies. The economies of scale are changing. That is understandable. What is not understandable is to say that it costs them more in shipping.

Warner Bros flat rate for "42" 02 Jul 2013 02:34 #40106

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Just speculating here. If 35mm ships like digital, then the stuff goes out to us overnight and goes back "ground".

When there were depots across the country, a theatre was served from the nearest one. I used to be less than an hours drive from the Seattle area depot. Now, shipping a print from California to me must be less expensive than sending that same print from that same depot to Florida, New York or Alaska.

That's the best justification I can come up with. I suppose it's also possible that the studios are looking for ways to apply pressure to the remaining 35mm outlets.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction