Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby getting started with digital cinema
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: getting started with digital cinema

Re: getting started with digital cinema 29 Apr 2012 16:45 #38344

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have just signed everything to convert my 4-plex using the CBG for VPF's in June. I still have 3 single screeners that i am trying to decide on what to do because even though everything does look good on paper, there is the big unknown if the studios will be giving us the digital prints timely enough to get VPF's. if they don't, not only would there be no VPF, but i would be playing movies a lot older than my customers have been use to. this I believe would lessen my ticket sales too, so a double whammy. As a 35mm theatre(s) I do get movies on the break during the hotter times of year, and usually 2-3 weeks out during the slower time from the extra prints coming off in the cities. Since there are no second and third prints coming off anymore that the studios did not want sitting in warehouse, there is no advantage to them to give a digital print while VPF's would still be paid.

I already am hearing from some that they are not getting movies on break that they are sure they would have on 35mm. Of course, there is no way to prove that fact.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: getting started with digital cinema 29 Apr 2012 18:32 #38345

• penvid
  • Fresh Boarder
An obvious concern of mine. We need to stick together on this. The VPF rep assured me that would not happen. We would get films like we did before. We averaged 3 1st run films a month the prior year and I need that to survive.
Let's keep on this one as we go through the first 6 months.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction