TOPIC: Paranormal Activity from the Audience

Re: Paranormal Activity from the Audience 26 Oct 2011 05:14 #37295

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
rufusjack wrote:
revrobor wrote:
leeler wrote:

So, you could enforce the ratings as strictly as Bob would. I know in my case I would see a significant reduction in revenue due the following reasons: 1) The majority of parents do not want to watch these with your children. 2) You would drive your customers to other larger theaters where the 14 year old can buy a ticket to a PG-13 movies and walk into the R rated movie. This past weekend over 50% of my tickets sold to Paranormal Activity 3 were to high school and JH students.

If you expect a problem, paying for an extra staff person to be in the auditorium would be wise and probably fix most of the problem.

When I managed at a Regal 10 screener my GM would station me or another assistant at the door of the auditorium showing R rated films to check ticket stubs. I turned away a lot of under 17s who had bought tickets to lower rated films and planned to walk into the R rated film.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Paranormal Activity from the Audience 27 Oct 2011 09:07 #37297

• Night Fury
  • Junior Boarder
Ahh what an interesting topic. The theater I work at is a 10 plex, first run. It would be beyond easy to let them all in. The GM doesn't care either way, but will enforce if the usher/box office attendants do.

And we do enforce.

Any typical weekend, we will receive flak from several grumpy moms, etc. TONS of kids buying to other titles planning to sneak in. Every 5 minutes you'll hear "Group of three boys, one with lime green jacket, bought to footloose, will try to sneak into paranormal" over the radio.... and 6 times out of ten, they'll try it, and we'll stop them.

Look at it this way...

It's much easier to follow a concrete set of rules to keep the rowdy kids out BEFORE they ruin the movie and you're having to explain to 50 angry adults why the kids are even in there in the first place and then handing out re-admits/refunds.......

Re: Paranormal Activity from the Audience 27 Oct 2011 14:27 #37298

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Night Fury wrote:
Ahh what an interesting topic. The theater I work at is a 10 plex, first run. It would be beyond easy to let them all in. The GM doesn't care either way, but will enforce if the usher/box office attendants do.

And we do enforce.

Any typical weekend, we will receive flak from several grumpy moms, etc. TONS of kids buying to other titles planning to sneak in. Every 5 minutes you'll hear "Group of three boys, one with lime green jacket, bought to footloose, will try to sneak into paranormal" over the radio.... and 6 times out of ten, they'll try it, and we'll stop them.

Look at it this way...

It's much easier to follow a concrete set of rules to keep the rowdy kids out BEFORE they ruin the movie and you're having to explain to 50 angry adults why the kids are even in there in the first place and then handing out re-admits/refunds.......

So what do you do with the pg-13 movies where the same problems exists if not worse since more adults more than likely to be attending a pg-13 movie than a r rated horror movie? Parents must attend? no drop off of kids? Limit the number of kids who can sit together?

The original topic of rowdy kids for us is the same no matter the rating of the movie. Actually get more complaints like I mentioned above b/c very few 40+ adults are watching r rated horror movies.

Re: Paranormal Activity from the Audience 27 Oct 2011 17:56 #37299

• Night Fury
  • Junior Boarder
PG-13 fliks are WAYYYY less of a problem than R rated movies. Every once in a while though we'll have a problem though and we'll have a usher/manager go in to the offending group and sternly warn them they need to quiet down and if we have to come in here again, they're leaving. Works for us, and yes sometimes we do have to boot them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction