Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 05 Sep 2011 15:30 #36899

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Moneyball has just been revised (9/3)upward significantly to $63m cume. It once was in the $30-35m range. Contagion has been revised upward as well from $60m to $70m but is now back down to $62m. I only go by what the estimates are from boxoffice.com. I do not use any gut feeling or hunch just what their experts think.

Do not get me wrong, I am very pleased to see the huge increase. As I am with any movie. No apology owed no matter what they do as this is far from an exact science. Contagion has a pretty wide open to go up against while Moneyball has a bit more competition to deal with it. In the end I expect both to be within $10m of each other.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 12 Sep 2011 20:35 #36952

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I have already seen quite a few facebook updates from theaters today saying that they are being forced to keep The Help even though they have been playing for 4 to 5 to 6 weeks.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 13 Sep 2011 11:57 #36964

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
we're holding 'The Help' simply because it deserves to be held and there is nothing else out there worth having. It is very slowly diminishing each week. It's been a Godsend over the last month.
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction