Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Single screen if it is correct location!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Single screen if it is correct location!

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 22 Apr 2010 20:55 #33814

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I am one who actually has a single screen in what I believe is a correct location and it does work. It is not easy as you simply can't get all of the movies you'd like to play or people want. Therefore, you're not going to be able to please all of your customers. This is the hardest thing for me as I really want to be able to get as much out of this place as possible but I know there will always be money left on the table no matter which way I decide to go. In general, I shy away from the teen sex comedies and almost all horror movies and that hurts business. I stick with the broad family movies, the comedies, the superhero stuff, about what you'd expect. I have been experimenting with more and more splits and that seems to be helping the situation to some extent but there will always be more movies then screen when you have a single screen. Just do the best you can, and if it bugs you enough, add a second screen....
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 22 Apr 2010 22:01 #33815

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
THE NEW 16 SCREEN WAS NOT IN THE PLANS WHEN WE SIGNED OUR LEASE LAST MARCH..MUVIBUF IF YOU HAVE A 16 SCREEN OPEN BY YOU AND YOU HAVE AN OLDER 1O PLEX YOUR DONE!

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 22 Apr 2010 22:06 #33817

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
MOVIBUFF
DO YOU EVEN OWN THEATERS?????

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 22 Apr 2010 22:25 #33819

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Is this the theater you are talking about? Opened in Oct. 2009

www.charlestoncitypaper.com/Unscripted/a...begin-by-summers-end

The AMC Citadel Mall 6 will be shuttered after the close of business on Sunday.

It will re-open after ownership is transferred on Monday.

Southeast Cinema Entertainment, an independent company based in Charlotte, has purchased the decades-old movie theater from AMC Entertainment.

It plans to demolish the venue after the summer tourists season has come to an end. The theater will continue to have its current staff through the summer months.

The new facility will feature 16 screens, stadium seating, and state-of-the-art digital technology. It will be modeled after the Ayrsley Grand Cinema (pictured above) in Charlotte, N.C., which is managed by Southeast Cinema. Talks are also underway for installing an IMAX in the new facility The company plans to build two digital 3D auditoriums and two (maybe four) theaters devoted exclusively to arthouse cinema.

A timetable of the new construction project could not be obtained. Southeast Cinema also plans to acquire the projection equipment of the AMC Northwoods Cinema Mall 6 in North Charleston.

Southeast Cinema owns movie theaters in Virginia, North Carolina, and Hilton Head Island.

www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/b.../Content?oid=1145998

Best Anticipated New Movie Theater
The Citadel 16 IMAX
by John Stoehr

Mar 4, 2009
More ยป
Not long after the downtown IMAX next to the Aquarium shut down, we got wind of plans to build a new one in West Ashley. Southeast Cinemas, a company out of Charlotte, is constructing a new 16-screen cineplex on the site of the old Citadel AMC. Don't worry about getting the same old fare. IMAX technology has come a long way since movies about roller coasters. It's digital, for one thing. 3-D, for another. Anyway, Hollywood is making movies, like The Dark Knight, with IMAX in mind. Southeast Cinemas says the new theater will likely be done by the summer blockbuster season.
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2010 22:26 by rufusjack.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 23 Apr 2010 08:53 #33824

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
So Mike did you go to the press or did they come to you? Just wondering what prompted the story.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 23 Apr 2010 09:28 #33825

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
So, 2-six plexes were replaced with one 16 plex it looks like? Sorry, the Northwoods Mall location is re-opening this summer. So two new theaters are replacing two older theaters.

The AMC Citadel Mall 6 will be shuttered after the close of business on Sunday.

It will re-open after ownership is transferred on Monday.

Southeast Cinema Entertainment, an independent company based in Charlotte, has purchased the decades-old movie theater from AMC Entertainment.

It plans to demolish the venue after the summer tourists season has come to an end. The theater will continue to have its current staff through the summer months.

The new facility will feature 16 screens, stadium seating, and state-of-the-art digital technology. It will be modeled after the Ayrsley Grand Cinema (pictured above) in Charlotte, N.C., which is managed by Southeast Cinema. Talks are also underway for installing an IMAX in the new facility The company plans to build two digital 3D auditoriums and two (maybe four) theaters devoted exclusively to arthouse cinema.

A timetable of the new construction project could not be obtained. Southeast Cinema also plans to acquire the projection equipment of the AMC Northwoods Cinema Mall 6 in North Charleston.

Southeast Cinema owns movie theaters in Virginia, North Carolina, and Hilton Head Island.
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2010 10:23 by rufusjack.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 23 Apr 2010 11:58 #33828

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
we all do everything right and still it does not work....make mistakes and misjudge, choose a bad location, hire the wrong person, pick the wrong movie, etc. None of us need to have it too strongly reminded.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 26 May 2010 10:23 #34043

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
biz is great this summer again.....

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 26 May 2010 17:02 #34048

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
Slap,

The reason you believe I am a d----; just re-read this topic. You bragged big time about your success. Then poof a couple of us see that news story.

Then you say that you had two new theaters open up. It was public knowledge that one of them was already planned before you signed the lease. And both of those new theaters were replacements. It takes a rare humble person to handle this situation. You did not handle it well.

Now, we can easily take this situation and all learn from it. I can respect anyone who takes on risk in business. As long as they are being honest with everyone.

If you still believe that I am a D---. Then so be it.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 26 May 2010 18:31 #34050

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Humble --- at our worst our numbers are still very good just not enough to support a single screen 21,000 sq feet. Our number on IRON MAN 2 was over $ 25,000.00 with $16,000 in concession.
When we opened a single screen we had no idea that it would ever make money like it did in the opening months. We opened this theater as a hobby we do not need this theater to make money or make a living at it. We hoped that we would break even at it, or make a small amount.

I would love to see your theater get a new 10 million dollar theater go up by yours( with an Imax and 16 screens )and still do the numbers we do. This new theater was announced a few weeks after we signed our lease. The theater was to stay an old 8 plex with no stadium.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 26 May 2010 21:13 #34054

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
You stated in an earlier post that you signed your lease in March.

This story ran March 4, 2009:

Best Anticipated New Movie Theater
The Citadel 16 IMAX
by John Stoehr

Mar 4, 2009
Not long after the downtown IMAX next to the Aquarium shut down, we got wind of plans to build a new one in West Ashley. Southeast Cinemas, a company out of Charlotte, is constructing a new 16-screen cineplex on the site of the old Citadel AMC. Don't worry about getting the same old fare. IMAX technology has come a long way since movies about roller coasters. It's digital, for one thing. 3-D, for another. Anyway, Hollywood is making movies, like The Dark Knight, with IMAX in mind. Southeast Cinemas says the new theater will likely be done by the summer blockbuster season.

In that article it states "Not long after the downtown IMAX next to the Aquarium shut down, we got wind of plans to build a new one in West Ashley". The IMAX that shut down was your theater right?

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 27 May 2010 00:03 #34057

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
OK MR CSI --- I PULLED OUT MY LEASE WE SIGNED OUR LEASE FEB 14 TH AND GOT THE THEATER MARCH 1ST AND OPENED MAY 6 TH..........IS THIS OK BY YOU...IF NEED BE I CAN HAVE MY LAWYER SEND YOU OVER THE DOCUMENTS. If some one on this board had this happen to them I would be very sorry if I can be of any help let me know.

I doubt any of your screens are doing what our single screen does even now. So get your chip off your shoulder and get your manners back.

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 27 May 2010 09:00 #34062

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not impressed by your grosses if this place can't break even. I am not interested in hobby theaters that lose $5-10,000 per month. Iron Man 2 $25,000 gross would of got you a 33rd place rank in the KC district

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 28 May 2010 00:46 #34071

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
that gross is with 24 screens playing the film in a 15 mile radius for a 19 day run......

rufusjack --- you the guy i met in Vegas.....

Re:Single screen if it is correct location! 28 May 2010 00:49 #34072

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
We are blessed that we are fortunate enough not to have to make money at this location.

ruf-- how many single screens do you have???
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction