Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Help! Processor problems!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! Processor problems!

Re: Help! Processor problems! 21 May 2008 09:29 #18651

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Well, I will let you know what I think in about a month.

Seriously, I really think it is time to have a qualified tech come in. Most likely you are going to have to replace this unit, or at the least a power supply, or format card. Did you ever do the things I asked you to do so we could continue to troubleshoot this? Swapping the format card with another screen, and disconnecting the automation control wiring to the processor? I do not understand what you expect us to do if you are not willing to try our suggestions and report back in a timely manner. The key to troubleshooting is collecting information, if you havent solved a problem yet it means that you havent collected enough information.

If you are willing to swap the format card with another processor and disconnect the automation control wiring and report back here in a timely manner about what happens (does the problem follow the format card, does it go away, does it still occur) then I will try to help you further. If you are not willing to do this, or do not know how, thats fine that just means you are going to have to call in a qualified technician.

Either way unfortunately it seems like you are going to have to be prepared to spend some money on a new processor, or a power supply, or format card.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help! Processor problems! 21 May 2008 13:12 #18652

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
I would be interested in learning if the processor has a digital matrix card in it. It would appear that a card in the processor is failing. I had fade outs and it was due to the matrix card. Tech time.

Re: Help! Processor problems! 21 May 2008 18:45 #18653

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
The processor she is using does indeed have a "matrix" card. It is an analog 2:4 matrix decoder. I don't think it is the problem as this card has no control over format switching, and would not cause a "bang" sound in the auditorium as a power supply could.

Re: Help! Processor problems! 23 May 2008 10:33 #18654

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Any luck getting someone to come in and look at the problem, or swapping the format card, and disconnecting the automation control wiring?

Re: Help! Processor problems! 23 May 2008 19:54 #18655

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
this would be a good example of letting people know... eventually... what the problem was and what it took to fix.

Myself... anything like this... once you get past the clean and check... call the techs. That's what they're good at.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Help! Processor problems! 25 May 2008 12:23 #18656

• jenhelene
  • Senior Boarder
Looking for a tech in my area to look at this. I believe the problem is beyond my knowledge. Will post what the problem is as soon as it is discovered and corrected!

Re: Help! Processor problems! 26 May 2008 10:18 #18657

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
What area of the country are you in?

Re: Help! Processor problems! 26 May 2008 10:37 #18658

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
How can anyone operate a theatre without a qualified service technician? Every theatre should have regular sound and lamphouse alignments at least twice a year.

The heart of the movie theatre is in the projection booth. If the presentation is poor, your customers will not always come back to give you a second chance.

By not having regular sound and picture quality alignments, you are guaranteeing your patrons an inferior presentation, and limiting the potential of your business.

Find a good technician and fix the problems, before you run out of forgiving customers.

Good luck.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re: Help! Processor problems! 27 May 2008 15:24 #18659

• rdetzler
  • Expert Boarder
I have that same unit kicking around my theater. We dont use it anymore so if you are looking for some parts to diagnose/fix your problem I will sell it cheap. As I recall I have had that problem on it in the past but it was always a transient issue. I was convinced it was something to do with the print though. I remember the same BOOM you describe. I replaced the power supply in the unit but it didn't fix anything.

I ended up replacing the unit with a CP65 anyway and moved it to my second house where it worked fine for two years. Now that house has gone digital (I recently signed with Emerging Pictures) so it is sitting on a shelf.

I also have had the problem with my CP65. Though it has only happened twice, on the same print but not in the same place. For the record I have no automation so its not cue tape, and the movie always started off correctly.

Regards,

Roger Detzler
IOKA Entertainment Inc
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction