Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fox and Rentrak

Re: Fox and Rentrak 27 Mar 2008 18:16 #18163

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Burney--

I have had that happen to me also--the last time I called back 3 times and then finally got the answering machine I was familiar with---it was also only number I have.

I sure do miss "press the star" prompt--I complained about listening to such a long message before being able to leave the grosses since they quit using the star--I was told the new system they have doesn't seem to allow that option grrr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fox and Rentrak 27 Mar 2008 23:25 #18164

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Check with your POS system they should be able to send the grosses for you without you haveing to think about it.

Re: Fox and Rentrak 28 Mar 2008 09:14 #18165

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I just send mine in over their website. It's painfully easy.....
"What a crazy business"

Re: Fox and Rentrak 28 Mar 2008 09:31 #18166

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Phone calls and FAX machines are for the birds. Email takes me under a minute, and it's all done with one click of the mouse. I never get annoying phone calls from either EDI or Rentrak regarding grosses, since they already know to expect them via email. As soon as the nightly ticket office reports are closed out, the grosses are sent on their way.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re: Fox and Rentrak 29 Mar 2008 21:09 #18167

• tratcliff
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We report all studios to Rentrak and only them.
We just call the 877 number.
It is extremely quick, esp since you can press "*" and skip the greeting.
Takes me about 30 seconds, tops.

I only wish I could get access to Rentrak, so I can track my competitors like some of you do. I have repeatedly tried to contact them to sign up for the service, but have never gotten a return e-mail or call.
Any advise on this?

Thanks.

Re: Fox and Rentrak 29 Mar 2008 21:39 #18168

• Tom Watkins
  • Senior Boarder
I found signing up very easy. Call Celia at 818-728-8880. I have RTS and send all my data to Rentrak and EDI electronically. Takes about 5 seconds....
Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine

Re: Fox and Rentrak 29 Mar 2008 21:53 #18169

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Celias email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Fox and Rentrak 30 Mar 2008 10:38 #18170

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40

tweet..... tweet......

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Fox and Rentrak 30 Mar 2008 23:48 #18171

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for letting me know you had the same problem with the Rentrak phone number wimovieman--makes me feel better. I felt I was treated poorly by them.

Re: Fox and Rentrak 02 Apr 2008 11:47 #18172

check out minitheatresbooking.com, you enter grosses and they get sent to the film companies. This can be done via blackberry or via phone too. No more going off line with Fox. We also, like larry thomas, use the exclusive arrangments with rentak and edi.

Re: Fox and Rentrak 02 Apr 2008 12:07 #18173

I don't understand why you would not want to report - so other theaters cant see how you did? is there another reason? (and before anyone pounces - I am totally serious - I really want to know why not - not being critical - just quizzical)

Re: Fox and Rentrak 02 Apr 2008 14:23 #18174

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Picture House:
I don't understand why you would not want to report - so other theaters cant see how you did? is there another reason? (and before anyone pounces - I am totally serious - I really want to know why not - not being critical - just quizzical)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some operators feel as though a competitor will build on top of them, or in their market, if they have access to their grosses and are able see on paper what they are generating. I've never bought into that mindset. Buisiness people look at the market size, demographic make-up, and median income of the populations in order to decide where to build, and how big to build.

A competitor is more likely to be concerned about the number of screens and the design of the theatres which they are looking to compete against. Besides, if a competitor really wants to find out a gross, they don't have to use Rentrak or EDI to get it.

In my view, most people who don't report grosses (or don't like to report grosses), react that way because they don't feel it is anyone else's business, and they don't appreciate the idea of anyone other than the studios or their booker knowing how much (or how little) they are grossing.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re: Fox and Rentrak 02 Apr 2008 19:16 #18175

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
It is a matter of relucatnce/ or was/ I'm over it. WE did have Boston Concessions financing Maine and other NE new builds and basically from your popcorn order they could estimate how much biz you did and then they'd lend money to new theatre to build against you.

It's not rocket science though. Anyone with a base understanding of pop/grossing can concoct what the market is.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Fox and Rentrak 02 Apr 2008 19:36 #18176

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I USE THE RENTRAK NUMBERS TO MY ADVANTAGE ALL THE TIME..I REMIND THE FILM CO OF MY GROSS VS CARMIKE AND REGAL....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction