Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Websites

Re: Websites 20 Jan 2008 00:55 #17394

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Websites 20 Jan 2008 18:28 #17395

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
"What a crazy business"

Re: Websites 20 Jan 2008 19:22 #17396

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Websites 21 Jan 2008 08:35 #17397

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We are in the cinema industry in Australia and about ten months ago we started to create a system of online tools for Independants Cinemas to automatically create a website, online bookings, and alot of other management system software that can help independant cinemas in their business.

We are about 50% through the system but have done enough that we can copy code over for you to just add pics, and get an online film scheduling, film programming, online booking website fairly quickly say in a few hours. You just have to add the movie pics, your schedule, the times and some other pages that you wish to create and your website is done. So it will have a very extensive coming soon list, a film programming section, extensive member/newsletter lists, staff rostering, automatic newsletter emails and alot alot more that will take another 6 months to develop.

If you are interested in adding online bookings to your website, a program that does film scheduling for you and soon film programming then if you email me I can show you what we are currently working on and then again when each section is completed. Also if you have a website but are also interested in having a look at the systems that we are developing or be a cinema operator and say it would be better if it did this or that, then I would also be happy to talk to you anyway.

My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Re: Websites 21 Jan 2008 11:08 #17398

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
Mike, you've essentially been ripped off. $3k for a website plus $100/mo is robbery! I know this because I was also ripped off the same way a few years ago. I spent $3,500 on a website and $75/mo for hosting, but there was a ton of custom programming involved too. But a simple theater site... wow. I've since switched to HostGator for $8/mo and have never looked back. You tend to think that you get more by paying more, but when it comes to hosting, it's not true. They all use the same servers, software, etc.

There are many hosting companies for under $10 that provide excellent services. With all the competition out there now, there is no reason to pay more. Do a Google search for "Hosts under $10" and you'll get a lot.

Depending on what type of software your current host uses, it may be fairly simple to switch hosts. Even if it's not, saving $90/mo would be worth it to me.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: Websites 22 Jan 2008 09:37 #17399

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
www.lincolntheatre-belleville.com

I maintain it myself and pay $100/year for hosting. I did this with some help from a friend and lots of reading but it was really simple.

Re: Websites 22 Jan 2008 11:04 #17400

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
That was back in 1999. We've rebuilt the site www.colonialtheatre.com and we do spend a bit more than the cheaper of our friends but it comes with build/repair/site keeping. In my opinion: I've looked at a lot of cheap built movie theatre sites and they look and feel like ameteur land. Our web site is a key marketing component for us and we want it to look and work right. It does that.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Websites 22 Jan 2008 12:12 #17401

Greetings! I'm JD Yeiter with CinemaHosting.com. Founded in April 2007, we are a website hosting company dedicated to the cinema industry. We provide cinema owners with easy-to-use/maintain, professionally designed websites at a fraction of the cost of custom development. We met Mike at ShowEast last year...hopefully, he won't mind me advertising our service here (I won't post our links...promise!)

Some key features of our service:
  • We provide all of the movie data for your site(posters, synopsis, trailers, etc.)
  • Easy administration of your site.
  • Weekly automated newsletter emails with showtimes and announcements.
  • Use one of our professionally designed website templates or we can create a custom website template for you
  • Automatic website updates of your showtime listings if you use RTS or any POS system that can export showtime data. This is an important one! We can automatically update your website when you update your POS system...no hassling with movie posters, html, manual updates, etc!
  • Dynamic routing for mobile devices visiting your website with a text version of your showtime listing. Today's market requires you to be flexible with regard to mobile phones. We automatically recognize mobile devices and display a simple to read showtime listing.
  • See our website for more features!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

[This message has been edited by JDYConsulting (edited January 22, 2008).]

Re: Websites 22 Jan 2008 13:11 #17402

• Santikos
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Websites 24 Jan 2008 11:47 #17403

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
I've looked at a lot of cheap built movie theatre sites and they look and feel like ameteur land.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, you got that right. Many (most?) are downright embarassingly amature. But the point is that the design/look/feel of your site has nothing to do with your hosting company. You can have a $10/mo host and a separate designer of your choice.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: Websites 24 Jan 2008 12:09 #17404

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JDYConsulting:
Automatic website updates of your showtime listings if you use RTS or any POS system that can export showtime data.This is an important one!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes... but it's only available at the highest level of $125/mo! You're not going to find anyone here that can afford this.

Re: Websites 24 Jan 2008 12:34 #17405

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
It's always a mistake to speak for "anyone here." In my experience there are all sorts of people here @ bigscreenbiz.com though some talk more than others. Big and small. Let's let them speak for themselves. I just got off the phone with someone who owns a 12 plex in a very serious market and 125.00 a month is chump change in his marketing expense.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Websites 24 Jan 2008 14:30 #17406

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
we spend about 1,200mo just on our own print ads .. We have a 3 screen..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction