Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Facing the Giants
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Facing the Giants

Re: Facing the Giants 19 Nov 2006 03:18 #14075

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Currently in my 2nd week with this pic and a nice hold so far. Company has placed an ad both weekends in local paper for me-thanks. Several letters to the editor from happy locals. Have had a couple of church groups come out. I've watched bits and pieces and while its not my type of film, I atleast am not ashamed to show it. Too bad these types of films don't gross like the Saw 3's and Hostels.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Facing the Giants 19 Nov 2006 21:45 #14076

• onourown
  • Junior Boarder
Glad to hear it's holding well. It was real tough to hang onto 260 plus screens this weekend, because of all the competition. Next week will be even tougher. However, we plan to run as long as it will hold and open on whatever screens open up in December and even January.

We'll be close to passing $9 million this week and we'd love to ultimately end up at $10 million. In talks with Sony and Samuel Goldwyn, if Giants had generated $5 million in total B.O. it would have been fantastic. The fact that it has almost doubled their best forecast is nothing short of a miracle for this $100,000 dollar film.

Chris

Re: Facing the Giants 20 Nov 2006 11:55 #14077

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Chris, I tried booking this film three times and was turned down as recently as two weeks ago. My booker was being asked to play in a couple of other markets but couldn't take it in those so tried to get in mine and the dist wouldn't allow it. My market isn't huge (10,000+ in midwest 9 screens in town) but I did have a lot of people asking for it. Unfortunately it can't play now due to turkey week and holiday season starting. Just too many have to take pictures from major studios. In case your involved with another project of this genre I would suggest using Rocky Mountain Pictures to distribute - they have more experience with this family based film. We ran End of the Spear through them and had great results and also have rebooked one year later for group showings.

Re: Facing the Giants 20 Nov 2006 13:48 #14078

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
After some delays, was able to book this film into an account in a medium-small market (there's us and a 12-plex). Worked out well, as GIANTS did excellent biz. We're holding for another week, which is rare.

Re: Facing the Giants 22 Nov 2006 09:10 #14079

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Larry, Do you think it will be worth trying in January when things get slow again?

Re: Facing the Giants 22 Nov 2006 09:42 #14080

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Absolutely. Not being a wide national release, it will still have legs. You need to do outreach to the churches and try for group sales to make it a big hit.

My guy decided after the big weekend to add shows on Monday and Tuesday (usually dark nights). Those two nights were bigger than a lot of the films we play for the weekend.

If you can do it in January, go for it.

Re: Facing the Giants 20 Dec 2006 19:48 #14081

• onourown
  • Junior Boarder
FYI...Today FACING THE GIANTS reached the $10 million B.O. threshold! Not a bad return for a $100K production.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to All!

Chris Bueno
Carmel Entertainment

Re: Facing the Giants 20 Dec 2006 21:13 #14082

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
FWIW,

This movie has a DVD release date of Jan 30 2007.

I was hoping to try to bring it in in Jan, but who knows what is going on now.

Chris any thoughts?

Re: Facing the Giants 21 Dec 2006 15:27 #14083

• onourown
  • Junior Boarder
Sony decided on releasing the DVD Jan 30th way before the movie even opened theatrically. They honestly never thought the movie would generate even $3 million let alone $10 million. So we're stuck with that date.

I can say that Samuel Goldwyn is planning to carry the movie in as many theaters as possible throughout the entire month of January. So if you'd like to run it I'm sure they'd send you a print.

If you do decide to release it, I highly recommend giving any churches in your area a heads up. Based on our exit polling, over 60% of people went to watch the movie based on the recommendation of their pastor.

I hope that helps.

Chris

Re: Facing the Giants 03 Jan 2007 18:20 #14084

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Chris,

We are bringing this title and "One Night with a King" for a couple of weeks beginning the 12th.

I have made a few calls but can't to get ahold of anyone who can help me with the follwoing:

1) Images and other files that I can use to market this film to the churches in my area

2) Ways to cross promote this with the saled of the DVD on the 30th.

If you have any answers or can help me please email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Thanks

Mike
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction