Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How to re-open and do well?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to re-open and do well?

Re:How to re-open and do well? 29 Oct 2008 08:42 #30223

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I agree, this theater could do more. Mike their website has the movies that they are playing. I believe they had Saw 5 this past week and were not given HSM3.

Interesting reading their website and the comments they post about trying to get cutomers to them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to re-open and do well? 29 Oct 2008 11:05 #30225

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
If they are only getting 600 people... in a year? Who would give them a movioe? HSM3 no and yes to Saw 5? Yikes.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:How to re-open and do well? 10 Nov 2008 18:27 #30325

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I don't know the distance that you are talking about here but I can tell you that the reason people do not go out of town to go to movies is because it is too danged far. Who wants to drive 45 minutes + gas to go out AND eat AND buy movie tickets? Most do not. Most people, I would bet, eat at home and then go to the movies. The reason people eat out, the biggest one, is that they are hungry. Give them some simple dining options at your theatre and you'll be fine.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:How to re-open and do well? 10 Nov 2008 20:44 #30327

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Interesting thought, Mike. Made me look at how we "go out" to the movies.

Now that I think about it, we NEVER eat, then go buy tickets (sorry, restaurant owners). That's just us, though... I like home. When we go out to eat, that's what we do.

We've also picked one area theatre that, overall, strikes the best balance between comfort, price, cleanliness, employee attitude and presentation quality. It's 25 miles from home... probably about my limit.

We have made a point to go the other direction... to a theatre that is 100% digital... just to make an occasional comparison. It's not the theatre we'd make a habit to attend, though... way too expensive for pretty much the same experience.

There are a couple of new high-end (I call 'em 'foo-foo') theatres in Seattle. They have fireplaces, very nice seats (about 40 in space for 200), chef-run kitchen, fine wines, and admission prices from $22 to $35. We'll probably go there... maybe once... so we can say we did. I usually reserve that kind of spending for baseball games and $6 beer! :woohoo:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction