Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: on screen advertising

Re: on screen advertising 21 Jan 2006 22:00 #12171

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Now how much do you charge for multiple screens. If you have more than one that could get expensive with equipment if your doing yourself.
Do you charge for each screen you play ads on or one flat rate?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: on screen advertising 24 Jan 2006 00:01 #12172

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We use 1Better for our screens. I can't say that I am impressed with their performance. They have made no attempt of securing more clients other than the few that they sold us at the beginning. Any potential advertiser in the audience would not have a clue who to contact by watching their screen ads.

Re: on screen advertising 24 Jan 2006 01:43 #12173

My own feelings regarding screen advertising is that it's perfectly fine just so long as it's over and done with when the theater officially opens for business. If commercials must be shown on the big screen, it should only be done during the day when only janitors and maintenance personnel might see it.

Re: on screen advertising 31 Jan 2006 14:18 #12174

• ChrisDay
  • Fresh Boarder
If your looking for a clean setup with a software package that allows scheduling and tools to create images then contact Texas Digital. We sell you the equipment, software and offer animation services. The software has tools in it that allow a user to create static images and scrolling messages. You can load video clips into the playlist along with live webpages, live tv feeds and various other formats. We are the perfect fit for someone that wants to do their own advertising and with our system in place you can simply add a plasma or lcd into the system and have a digital menu board.

We also do LED's for the box office and auditoriums.

Chris Day
Texas Digital
1-800-693-2628
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: on screen advertising 01 Feb 2006 03:05 #12175

Although I'm sure many thought I might've been joking with the comment I posted earier in this thread, I would like to know how many theater operators who've considered on-screen advertising have given much thought how the audience feels about this. Like if we were to conduct a consumer poll where consumers could check off all they want to experience when they go to a theater, how many would check the box next to on-screen advertising? And that's what disturbs me in this is why doesn't that matter to you? For you all know as well as I do that not a single consumer would check that box. The only exception would be if movie admission were made totally free. So if the customer clearly doesn't want it, why force it on them? I.e., when did rape suddenly become okay?

Re: on screen advertising 01 Feb 2006 17:15 #12176

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Steve, I couldn't agree with you more. That's why there are no, and never will be, any screen ads at my theatre.

As I have said before... could that not be a reason why my business went up 7% in 2005 when the industry as a whole went down about that amount?

[This message has been edited by RoxyVaudeville (edited February 04, 2006).]

Re: on screen advertising 01 Feb 2006 21:13 #12177

• Orpheum
  • Senior Boarder
Roxy...After looking over your web site, and reading your posts quietly in the background for years, It is obvious to me that your business is up 7% for many very good reasons INCLUDING your refusal to run screen ads.
This industry needs to copy the showmen like you if it is to overcome this slump. The big circuits are making decisions which bring in cash for the short term but do long term damage...i.e. Screen advertising, and Landmark playing Bubble, etc.
No screen ad at my theatre and I was up 9% in admissions.

Re: on screen advertising 03 Feb 2006 18:52 #12178

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
This subject went way off what it was originally ment to ask.......
I was not talking about commercials which everyone has fell into that I agree is a distraction and a pain to sit through.
I ment the slides at the beginning of the show that advertise local business and in between have trivia questions. Everyone went a little crazy with this.....so lets all take a deap breath and get back to screen ads not screen comercials.

Re: on screen advertising 04 Feb 2006 00:39 #12179

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
It's still advertising, and it's still on the screen. I don't think most people like it. I would never do it on my screen. I want to bring people to my theatre, not chase them away.

Re: on screen advertising 04 Feb 2006 10:15 #12180

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
My customers appreciate it and they tell me all the time. I show them ads for what is upcoming, advertisements and policies. Never gotten one complaint, only praise. Of course this is prior to showtime for early arrivers. Who wants to sit in a dark theater all alone with nothing to do? Why not show them something?
"What a crazy business"

Re: on screen advertising 04 Feb 2006 10:31 #12181

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We use a digital projector and dvd players on discs that we burn ourselves. All content is produced by us allowing us to customize to our area. We throw in public service announcements as well as promotions that we are having at any given time. Yes we get ad revenue but also get a chance to reach our customers and tell them what we are doing. For instance we feature the fact that we use real butter, have digital sound, discount gift certificates, bargain night, etc. We also use the program to remind patrons to turnoff cell phones and take feet off seats.
We have been running ads for the past 4 years and 2005 is the first year we have had a decrease in business. What patrons seem not to like is high ticket, high concession and 20 minutes of national rolling ads prior to the movie starting. A custom ad program can be a very effective tool both in revenue and in getting a message to your customers. It has helped us keep our ticket prices flat for the last 10 years.

Re: on screen advertising 04 Feb 2006 22:13 #12182

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen....Peopel growl at the commercials and endless previews. But never complain about the ads before the feature. They have fun playing trivia and seeing whats is offered through local businesses.
I am glad the last 2 replies were positive ones I thought I was the only that thought screen ads were a good thing!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction