Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Just screened Kong- WOW!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just screened Kong- WOW!!!

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 22 Dec 2005 15:38 #11737

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Maybe a sequel with a totally new story would have been better than yet another remake. It may be the best film since they invented sliced bread, but if people are not expecting anything truly original, they might just stay home and watch one of the other two versions, or ...sadly... wait for this one to come out on DVD.

I think many people will eventually want to see this version, but it may not be in theaters.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 22 Dec 2005 22:59 #11738

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Narnia is also out performing King Kong at our 4-screen.

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 23 Dec 2005 11:25 #11739

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I think Kong will pick up, We have been disapointed in the draw for Narnia here, Except for a show full of school kids we have been playing to crowds that normally would be here for a average/poor movie?
And according to what I was told, we outgrossed most of the other theatres with it around here.

Heck, Chicken Little did more that twice the business?

Personally I watched like the last 1/2 of Narnia and liked it, but then I liked LOTR also, and you can't help see how close they look during the battles.

I do think Kong will pick up after Christmas, when people can take more time to sit at a movie w/o last minute shopping to worry about.

Tony.
tony.

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 29 Dec 2005 12:12 #11740

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
For the most part I enjoyed the movie. I had only two complaints. I thought the battle in the veins was too long as well as the battle in the valley with the spiders and the cennipedes. I was also surprised that Jackson would opt for such a sappy ending. Would a real guy climb the Empire state building to be with his girlfriend or would he leave it to proffessionals to bring her down?

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 29 Dec 2005 19:44 #11741

• theBigE
  • Expert Boarder
Well, geez, poppajoe, now you've ruined the ending for me! I suppose next you'll tell us the monkey dies at the end!

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 30 Dec 2005 01:51 #11742

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I saw Kong on opening day and liked it alot, preferring it over Narnia. I am playing Kong starting tomorrow in Burney, which just finished up with Narnia. It will be interesting to see which does the most business. Narnia sold lots of seats and popcorn.

Re: Just screened Kong- WOW!!! 02 Jan 2006 16:25 #11743

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Poor kong got knocked down! But brought the numbers up for the year!

This was in the local paper!

'Narnia' roar shakes
'Kong' from top spot

BY DAVID HINCKLEY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

"King Kong" apparently fell from the top of the box office on the last weekend of 2005, a victim this time of a noble lion rather than those pesky airplanes.
Estimates from Friday and Saturday showed "The Chronicles of Narnia," a fantasy adventure based on C.S. Lewis' classic tale of good vs. evil, edging ahead of "King Kong," Peter Jackson's jumbo-sized remake of the 1933 ape classic.

The two films together helped spearhead a year-end surge that eased some of Hollywood's pain from an overall down year at the box office.

"Narnia" reportedly took in $17.2 million Friday and Saturday to $15.6 million for "Kong," which had ruled the box office since its release two weekends ago.

"Narnia" passed $200 million at the box office over the weekend and "Kong" passed $150million.

Two goofy comedies, Jim Carrey's "Fun With Dick and Jane" remake and Steve Martin's "Cheaper By the Dozen 2" sequel, were holding in third and fourth places.

Final figures for both the long weekend and 2005 are scheduled to be released today, but the year-end total seems likely to fall around 5% short of the 2004 record $9.418 billion.

The 2005 figure is projected to fall short of $9 billion, even though last month's gross was up more than 10% from a year earlier.

Because ticket prices were higher in 2005, actual attendance figures are expected to be 7% to 8% lower than in 2004.

Hollywood attributes this drop to a number of factors, including the growing number of people who watch DVD movies at home on their big-screen TVs.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction