Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby 3-D, Disney and a tiny Chicken
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3-D, Disney and a tiny Chicken

Re: 3-D, Disney and a tiny Chicken 08 Nov 2005 14:41 #11258

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Outaframe, I don't think we are at the end of movies as we know it theory but I do feel that Hollywood has lost touch and the "digital picture" craze is just an attempt to get customers looking at different things than quality of work.

Many good movies died on the vine this year with limited release for no other reason than fear. Look, I think DLP tech is great in the home but when you throw it up over 30 feet wide or wider it just loses some of its look. Spiderman II was terrible even in converted to 35mm where the shots were not so good on digital. They are pushing a technology that the public doesn't care about.

It isn't like mono to 6 channel digital sound. You could hear the difference. Right now, the difference you can see is a less than perfect picture compared to what is really good. If digital gets brighter, sharper and better looking than 35 then we can look at and say "wow.” Now you look and say I don't see that much difference or 35 looks better.

I hope that I will still be in business to see that day.

Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction