Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EDI Thoughts

Re: EDI Thoughts 24 Oct 2005 13:11 #11215

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
I have always had mixed emotions on the Rentrak or EDI reporting. In the end, I felt it was a matter of trust (that is the film company trusting me). If you don't report to EDI and Rentrak for the film company then why don't you (again the film company view).

I don't have anything to hide from them so I post them, if someone uses that to decide I am leaving money on the table enough to build then so be it.

There are those I know that refuse to report to either Rentrak or EDI and if they do report to them, they refuse to allow for public viewing.

One reason I heard from one guy for not allowing them to share was if you don't the film company can't look and see what the other films that aren't theirs did. So, if they can’t see it then he wasn’t pressured to keep a film that did more than one that didn't. Now that is cockeyed to me why not keep the biggest grosser?
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: EDI Thoughts 24 Oct 2005 16:01 #11216

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Just found out today the Warners sales office's are checking to see if you have returned the EDI letter/form.

Re: EDI Thoughts 24 Oct 2005 16:22 #11217

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
and if you haven't returned it yet, Warners will not serve you product until you do. At least that is what they are doing in my territory.

Re: EDI Thoughts 24 Oct 2005 17:11 #11218

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yep, that is the same thing we heard. No EDI form on file, no Warners print shipments.

Re: EDI Thoughts 24 Oct 2005 17:56 #11219

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We have been making 3 telephone calls per night for the past 2 1/2 years: our booker, Rentrak, EDI. I find that the first 2 are painless, however, I detest calling EDI. It is always a hassle one way or another. I've gotten so fed up with them that I asked my booker if I could just quit giving them our numbers. Only to find out that Warners was going to require us to call them. So I waited for the letter to come so I could study it and decide what would be best for us. No letter ever came. So, after reading this last night, I called our booker and asked for a copy of the letter. They said that I was supposed to have received it directly from Warners. Nope, nothing, nada. They called Warners who said just fax a blanked out copy from another theater to me so that I could fill it out. I got it and found out that it was due last Friday and the Warners people are already pounding on my booker to get them signed. Perhaps someone could tell me what free access to EDI's flash system provides, so I can decide whether to continue giving them all our grosses or just the Warners grosses from now on. (I tried calling EDI but couldn't get an answer today).

Re: EDI Thoughts 25 Oct 2005 13:14 #11220

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
WB has been nothing but one large P _ _ _ K for the past couple of years and getting worse by the day.

We would all be better off if all exhibitors just had the balls to boycott WB and refused to play their product for a couple of years until they come down to earth. (But we all know that most exhibitors are just a castrated bunch who live in fear they will not get the next big picture from a given distributor and will cowtow to whatever the distribuor demands.)

Re: EDI Thoughts 25 Oct 2005 17:08 #11221

• RealButter
  • Expert Boarder
We have not received the letter either but have reported grosses to our booker, EDI and Rentrack for a long time. Doesn't seem to matter...WB is bugging our booker about the letter that we never received.

How are people reporting electronically and how do you get access to flash grosses?

Re: EDI Thoughts 26 Oct 2005 13:11 #11222

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
You have access to flash on EDI by sharing your grosses with anyone that wants to look. The same on Rentrak.

I made the decission to use EDI and Rentrak as a lazy mans way. I told the film companies they could get the grosses from them and then I made two phone calls (or actually received two calls) and not make 5 to 8 calls.

Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: EDI Thoughts 26 Oct 2005 13:13 #11223

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Of course you have to contact EDI and Rentrak and tell them you want this access. Rentrak only gives you grosses in states you have screens to actual theaters. Just go the websites and email the people in charge of flash system.

Re: EDI Thoughts 27 Oct 2005 11:53 #11224

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
It burns me that for the past 2 1/2 years we've been sharing our grosses with everyone without our being able to view anyone else's grosses. Perhaps my booker is to blame for telling me that I have to report but neglecting to tell me that I could be using the systems for our benefit to see how others are grossing with the same movies. But I'm still really burning!

Re: EDI Thoughts 28 Oct 2005 15:10 #11225

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
I have access to national grosses on Rentrak ... and our only theatres are in Georgia ...

Re: EDI Thoughts 28 Oct 2005 20:08 #11226

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, now I think EDI is a pain in the rear. I filled out the forms and told them to call me for the grosses at a specific time like the form requested. I have at least four messages from them to call them back to verify some info. I call back and nobody is ever there and leave them a message and tell them to call me at home in the am. They call in the pm. I am done calling back.
On my form I said I would only give them WB grosses so I guess I will not have access to the the stats.

Re: EDI Thoughts 28 Oct 2005 21:16 #11227

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I just made my first call to EDI tonight to report grosses. I have to say I was suspicious, but it was, fast, and succinct.

Now if I only had some better numbers to report!
"What a crazy business"

Re: EDI Thoughts 29 Oct 2005 07:20 #11228

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
I still haven't received this letter, maybe because we have always reported all of our grosses to EDI? Anyway, would some one post so I could see it. What is the deadline for starting to report? Thanks. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: EDI Thoughts 30 Oct 2005 09:31 #11229

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Linda,
Call Warners immediately to get them to fax you a copy of the letter. The deadline for returning the letter was apparently Oct 14th. It goes into effect on Nov. 1. Harry Potter is released on 11/18. They won't license you unless they have your filled out form on file by then. Remember that they also have a history of losing paperwork. Goodluck!

Burney,
EDI is nothing more than a telephone bank. Their employees change often, they are also likely to fire the whole lot of them and start over with an entirely new phone system and employees in another location. You won't know this of course until you figure it out later. If you call too early - i.e. 7:30 in Ohio is only 4:30 in Calif where the corporate office is located, you will get the main switchboard. They will try to forward you to the gross collection arm. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. If you let them call you, you are at their mercy as they will seldom call you at your desired time or you will not be ready when they call or you will already have closed and gone home when they call. I prefer to call them when I am ready. However, I prefer voicemail boxes. You all will soon find out why.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction