Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Advertising

Re: Advertising 28 Sep 2005 19:00 #10970

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Well stated ROXY, and the Gospel truth!... I also use one of those moving letter led signs behind glass at the top of my front center poster frame, which is highly effective for persons WALKING by...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Advertising 28 Sep 2005 20:39 #10971

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Two thumbs up for Roxy. It used to be the newspaper was #1 by a vast lead. But, the internet news letter I do every week is catching up fast. Always try to add something personal in the letter so they know it is from their local theater and not some corporate generator. Make sure to have a way for them to sign up in your lobby and on line.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Advertising 29 Sep 2005 11:45 #10972

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Our Marquee was out due to a major short in the old box. It isn’t attached to the building but is up by the highway, it was originally the drive-inns. The drive closed some 25 years ago and now this one serves as our triplex’s marquee.

This was in February as the grosses are dropping. Since it was already down and a slow time we decided to do a face-lift to it at the same time. Well it took some time for the new face to come in and sometime to get the electrician and the sign company available at the same time. The sign company wasn’t getting to do the electrical work because we have an electrician we use all the time.

In the down time we got phone calls and emails and people coming in to tell us our sign was out of order. We even had calls asking if we had closed, there was a sign on the marquee that said SIGN UNDER REPAIR but no one can see that at night if it doesn’t light up. When we at last got the marquee fixed we had a jump in business, we didn’t notice that the drop off was much worse than normal and certainly wasn’t worse than the national.

In short I’m a big believer in the Marquee!

Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction