Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business?

Re: How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business? 16 Sep 2005 16:12 #10915

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
High gas and fuel prices effect everyone badly. Not just theatres. Unless you are rich and are in oil. On the other hand it will impact everybody. Look on the bright side: we don't have fleets of vehicles that went from 1.00 per gallon in 2000 to 3.00 per gallon in 05. For me it is less likely that people will drive to go to my competition so that is good for me. Lastly: Sept. sucks every year!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business? 17 Sep 2005 00:30 #10916

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
For me, yesterday was the first time I have gone to the gas station, used my credit card at the pump, and the pump shut itself off at $50.00.

I had that happen one day, when I filled up some gas cans and then topped off my truck. It was a Safeway store, and it shut off at $75. Still a lot of money though...

On attendance: A regional manager for a very large national chain (with a "royal" name) recently told me that the company was down some 14% nationwide. He was looking pretty good, comparatively speaking, because his outlet was "only" off 7%.

Re: How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business? 19 Sep 2005 12:44 #10917

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Well in Oklahoma, at least Gasoline is back to the pre hurricane price. Now that was high enough but not as bad as it has been it was about 2.49.9 per gallon, which is to say 2.50 per gallon. I have never understood the % of penny charge it has to be there to make us think it isn’t 2.50 a gallon. On the business side, I think maybe with the release of Flight Plane it will get better. Tim Burtons Corpse Bride may do some business but in my part of the world you have to have 5 screen to get it! I hope this weekend actually goes up for us all!
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: How Will $4.00 a Gallon Gas Effect Our Business? 21 Sep 2005 16:37 #10918

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
With Rita now a Category 5 hurricane and almost certain to hit the Galveston/Huston area - where three of this country's largest refineries are located and which refinaries are already in the process of being shut down and the people evacuated, the predicitons of $5.00 a gallon gas within the next ten (10) days have already begun to surface.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited September 21, 2005).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction