Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby The Passion Recut?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Passion Recut?

The Passion Recut? 05 Mar 2005 13:27 #9947

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I've only heard very little about the release of The Passion Recut. I guess they are taking the Passion of the Christ and adding extra footage that wasn't in the original film (I think this is also going to make the film unrated). What do you think about this movie? Do you think it'll be a big hit as it was last year or not? How big are they planning on going with this film?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Passion Recut? 05 Mar 2005 16:59 #9948

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, Mel cut about 5 minutes from the original, hoping get it re-rated, but they still gave it an R... He decided to re-release it unrated... Supposidly 750 prints this time... After the before Christmas Video, >>> MONEY MAD MAX...

Re: The Passion Recut? 05 Mar 2005 23:35 #9949

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Speaking of Mad Max and news on A new Mad Max movie?

Re: The Passion Recut? 07 Mar 2005 12:41 #9950

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We were offered the opportunity to run the recut, unrated version which is supposedly more family friendly. But why would we want to take 3 week best week firm terms of 60 50 40 when we have a church competitor who bought the video and will show it for FREE in my former theater during the week between Palm Sunday and Good Friday? Advertised shows on the website, dedicated cinema line and on my former marquee.

Re: The Passion Recut? 07 Mar 2005 14:18 #9951

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
You are correct, Beckwith. I think this is a marketing scam of major proportions, and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever that this should do any biz at all.

Re: The Passion Recut? 07 Mar 2005 16:58 #9952

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
BECK, I would look into whether that church has secured the rights to play this as a public performance, and IF NOT, I would report their activities!... This is pure BS and opens the door to putting them in competition with you... If they are really in the Church business, they should stay out of the movie business!...

Re: The Passion Recut? 08 Mar 2005 00:10 #9953

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I saw a post that seemed to make sense. They're trying to create a cut that they can release on an annual basis as long as possible. Considering the subject matter, they probably could generate an audience for years to come.

Re: The Passion Recut? 10 Mar 2005 14:38 #9954

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Outaframe - I am informed that they were
reported and apparently squelched. However, their telephone line has not been updated and their website has become very defensive. Yes, they are in the cinema business despite their best efforts to pretend that they are just showing the occasional movie to their "friends and neighbors" AKA "the community".

Re: The Passion Recut? 10 Mar 2005 15:24 #9955

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Beckwith - if that was a former theatre that you owned, when it was sold or transferred you should have put a restriction in the deed that it would not be used to show movies in competition with you without your express permission.

Many old theatres were sold with restrictions that they can not be used as theatres just to prevent such competition.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction