Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The theatre seating business

The theatre seating business 08 Dec 2000 13:55 #988

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
With the discussion of closing 7500-15000 screens it will posssibly release up to over a million used seats onto the market. Is that a true statement? How will all these seats affect seat companies? Will it drive down new seat pricing? Are new seat companies brokering used seats? How does a manufacturing company position itself in these days?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The theatre seating business 14 Dec 2000 17:26 #989

Mike:

It does seem that there will be used seats on the market. But you must think about the properties that are becoming available. They are typically older (in most cases a lot older) and the seating that is contained inside is usually in terrible condition.

Bargain hunters beware you get what you pay for! My grandpa used to say, “nothing comes for free, and cheap stuff comes with the biggest price tag”.

I will tell you Mike; we are actually seeing a trend towards the smaller independents going after these properties. If chosen correctly they can be a great bargain (I am told), and bring some decent profits after they have had some sweat equity applied and some new seats installed. Remember my story about the 10 year old little girl!! If you missed that story go to the help area under forums, then starting a theatre, then great seating forgives, then look for Seating Guy’s comment.

HAVE AN OUTSTANDING DAY!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction