Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Movie Theatre Cooperatives
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Movie Theatre Cooperatives

Movie Theatre Cooperatives 16 Feb 2005 16:05 #9835

I'm looking for examples of movie houses run as cooperatives. I'm hoping to include an example in a newsletter for the University of Wisconsin Extension on ways to sustain movie theatres (old or new) in smaller downtowns.

I would be interested in hearing: 1-how the cooperative developed 2-how it operates now and 3-any general successes or challenges of operating as a cooperative. Any other examples of different operational models - student run, or community run (through volunteers) would also be appreciated.

Feel free to post here any examples, or e-mail me directly at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Thanks much! Teresa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Movie Theatre Cooperatives 17 Feb 2005 10:08 #9836

• Karla
  • Fresh Boarder
Interesting that you are asking about this b/c I am in the process of starting a movie theatre co-op right now! I work for an economic development organization in Northern Saskatchewan and we are working with a group of high school students and an advisory committee.

Are you at the Centre for Co-operatives at UofW? I studied at the Centre for the Study of Co-operatives at the University of Saskatchewan for 4 years.

If you would like to discuss my project, or anything else, feel free to email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Karla
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction